Need divers Haulover

• rain is allright , thunder and lightnings is another story.

hau and i got stuck in some SHIT today..came in like a damn curtain and lights out...i only got worried when hau started telling me the sound to watch for before lightning strikes:0

fortunately we surfed onto the beach with not even a flipped yak

i like to spear fish

• Thanks pargo. I'll have one of the girls try it that way.
    Is there tips about preparing, cutting, cleaning etc that increases the taste and quality of the cuda?
    I ask because I'm starting to see more and more BIG cuda and I love to shoot them, but I'll not shoot them if no one will eat them.
    This is not meant as a derail.

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• Sometimes I cut off the head and tail if they're big to fit in the cooler. At home I cut the body in approx 8" lengths for easy storage until it's time to fillet them. Try to cut between the vertebrae, if not possible use pruning shears to cut through the bone. I don't scale the cuda pieces if I'm going to fillet them. If you're doing ruedas, I forget how to say this in English, you'll definitely need to use the pruning shears and it's better to scale. I've seen people scale cuda on the Islands by cutting along side the body against the direction of the scales. You can scale the cuda very fast like this with a few long cuts and no mess. I haven't been able to duplicate this procedure and they do it with rusty old knives which they sharpen on the spot.

• Sometimes I cut off the head and tail if they're big to fit in the cooler. At home I cut the body in approx 8" lengths for easy storage until it's time to fillet them. Try to cut between the vertebrae, if not possible use pruning shears to cut through the bone. I don't scale the cud pieces if I'm going to fillet them. If you're doing ruedas, I forget how to say this in English, you'll definitely need to use the pruning shears and it's better to scale. I've seen people scale cuda on the Islands by cutting along side the body against the direction of the scales. You can scale the cuda very fast like this with a few long cuts and no mess. I haven't been able to duplicate this procedure and they do it with rusty old knives which they sharpen on the spot.

Ruedas are steaks. Like Dan said: gut it, scale it, cut head and tail off, and cut in about 1" thick steaks between vertebrae if possible.

Forgot 1 thing, just deep fry it. Best way for me to eat..

• I wanted to go out tuesday sept 8 th but can't but i plan on going on wednesday the 9 th. if anyone is interested let me know. pm me.

• You didn't miss much, conditions were not good today. There was current combined with waves which pushed you in all directions and made swimming very difficult, plus not being able to see bottom in 40ft made us go home early. At least I was an advocate of going back after the first dive. We made a 1hr stop in the shallows on the way back in and scored some hogs, schoolmasters and lobsters. I see puky Larry is already home and logged on too :)