First Railgun...first impressions

• hey judah, it's all a matter of opinion. Which company builds the better car? there is no true answer (at least, this is MY PERSONAL OPINION!!)

But to be honest and truthful, in PR I only used a wooden gun. Here in Miami after many many many years of being in dry land, I started again and went to what I knew and used which was a biller 36.
    I got tired of that gun and traded up really quick. Now, I have the 90cm mako and the 140cm mako.

I love those 2 animals!!! they are easy to carry and easy to move. The kickback/recoil on both are more than the biller. Everytime I load them it reminds me of HAU. I hate loading them!!! HAU, you need to teach me your trick man.

To me, wooden guns have somewhat advantage over rail guns, but after playing with these 2 guns, I stay with the rail guns!!!

Good luck Judah

• I have some building experience and I'll help you. I'm going to get a kick out of telling Tito about it. The biggest thing will be to make a line guide plate as I don't like pins for reasons already mentioned, plus I don't know how to make a pin stay in one position. Call me the day before you want to do it.

• here are a few older pics of my gun, although it sounds like you understand it well.

im looking forward to seeing /feeling the differences you are talking about...any tips for a successful transition?

Looks like he puts pretty deep rails on his guns I like that!

• . . .plus I don't know how to make a pin stay in one position..

Dan, can you clarify what you mean here? I don't drill a hole straight down into the wood, and then bend the pin. I drill the hole at the angle I want, so that the pin can remain straight. That way, there are no forces trying to rotate the pin in the hole.

• Dan, can you clarify what you mean here? I don't drill a hole straight down into the wood, and then bend the pin. I drill the hole at the angle I want, so that the pin can remain straight. That way, there are no forces trying to rotate the pin in the hole.

:metoo:

Drill hole at proper angle, diameterto create tight interference fit, scuff up base of pin, & dab of epoxy to fill any micro-voids.

• I drill the hole before making the pin. When I have the hole done, I use a smaller diameter piece of wire, insert it all the way to the bottom of the hole, and cut it off at a length that projects as far as I want the pin to. Then I use the wire as a pattern to cut the real pin to length.

• This is something I build 13 years ago on a short notice to try my hand at fishing bluewater (didn't know better)

. It's kinda rough and I used a jbl handle 'cause It's what I had at the time but it was build in one afternoon the day before I got invited bluewater hunting.It,s mahogany from a door frame and its one piece, it's bent about about 3/32 of an inch to the right (never got a chance to let the wood get the stress out) since built.Got three kings with it with a detachable head (also jbl) that day and never used again until my wood riffe got stolen last year and used it only once more and got a 27 pound cubera but got another gun so now it sits in the closet.

• I have some building experience and I'll help you. I'm going to get a kick out of telling Tito about it. The biggest thing will be to make a line guide plate as I don't like pins for reasons already mentioned, plus I don't know how to make a pin stay in one position. Call me the day before you want to do it.

I don't know if you can see in the pictures but I made the guide plate usin a very large ss washer that i cut and shaped with grinder.:)

• hmm, I never really revisited the comparison.

now that I have re worked the tito it is basically a brand new gun and I need to get use to it again but...

since the differences between the two are really just in the materials and shaping it is a good side by side in that respect (both are 120 cm euro guns with rails) Ifind the RA is an easier gun to dive with but the tito is a better gun...it is sort of a laziness thing...the RA is a smaller profile and has two of the smaller bands, as such it moves easier through the water when swimming with it and tracks a little easier in the top to bottom movements and the side to side.

the tito has less recoil, shoots smoother and somehow feels more accurate. so for the dive up until you pull the trigger, the RA is the "easier" (not necessarily better) gun, however once you do pull the trigger, the tito is a more pleasant experience.

so they are both great guns, it really has to do with how Iwas feeling that day, now the Tito is re-invented so I am reacclimating myself to it.

so far i really like inline bands...it makes for such a cool site picture :D

i like to spear fish