Tu mejor receta de Mojito

• I have used this one before, turns out well.

Cuban Mojito recipe

the original authentic recipe from Havana Cuba

1 teaspoon powdered sugar
    Juice from 1 lime (2 ounces)
    4 mint leaves
    1 sprig of mint
    Havana Club white Rum (2 ounces)
    2 ounces club soda

Place the mint leaves into a long mojito glass
    and squeeze the juice from a cut lime over it. two ounces of lime juice, Add the powdered sugar, then gently smash the mint into the lime juice and sugar. (Use the back of a spoon)Add crushed then add the rum and stir, and top off with the club soda.Garnish with a mint sprig.

• That recipe looks like a winner, I am going to give it a try today in the late afternoon. Thank you for sharing

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Nevermind, found this from Wikipedia.

In general in most Spanish speaking countries, the term "yerba buena" refers to the particular local species of mint, which varies from region to region. The term has been (and is currently) used to cover a number of aromatic true mints and mint relatives of the genera Satureja or Clinopodium. All plants so named have medicinal properties, and some have culinary value as teas or seasonings as well.

This would explain why the Cuban mojito can't be duplicated elsewhere :thumbsup2:

• For those who may not know the mojito is a very refreshing alcoholic cocktail. Maybe the ideal drink on hot sunny days as it doesn't leave you sluggish. My only problem with the mojito is that over time in Cuba I built up an intolerance to lime as it is overly used in everything, cooking too, and the mojito is often made with too much lime.

• For those who may not know the mojito is a very refreshing alcoholic cocktail. Maybe the ideal drink on hot sunny days as it doesn't leave you sluggish. My only problem with the mojito is that over time in Cuba I built up an intolerance to lime as it is overly used in everything, cooking too, and the mojito is often made with too much lime.

Same thing around, lime juice is used too often, some times is nice cause is a contrast element in some dishes. But generally speaking it homogenizes the great flavor of otherise subtle recipes. As Mojito´s main aim is to refresh, the lime juice is ok. I Believe

• One of the best Mojitos I ever had was made with guarapo (sugar cane juice). You can substitute the soda and withhold the sugar by using it in its place. And besides, it doesn't get more Cuban than some fresh guarapo juice. I realize it is not too practical, but it makes a world of difference.

• My first post and it is not about anything fishing related, well here it goes.
    For Mojito always use yerbabuena and yes not that kind. It gives a sweeter more aromatic flavor.
    2 oz of Good Puertorican Rum (Palo Viejo)
    1 1/2 oz of simple sirup (Mixes better and no solid residue)
    5 or 6 big yerbabuena leaves
    1/2 large lemon

Squeeze the 1/2 lemon and smash it with the leaves, add the syrup and rum and mix. Fill glass with ice and complete with club soda. Now Enjoy.

• Wellcome home dude :toast:

• Thank you for the welcome Sea Hunter. I am from PR and used to freedive and spear a lot in the late 8o's and early 90's. But some other interests like work etc.took over :drink1: .Never ceased to line fish though. Now I want to go back to my roots and to what I enjoy the most, sperafishing.
    I am reading everyhing spearfishing related and found out how much the sport has changed and how little I know.
    Anyway I wiil be going fishing next week ( with Pucho) for the first time in so many years hoping for a nice mutton and a big Hogfish, so wish me luck guys.

• Thank you for the welcome Sea Hunter. I am from PR and used to freedive and spear a lot in the late 8o's and early 90's. But some other interests like work etc.took over :drink1: .Never ceased to line fish though. Now I want to go back to my roots and to what I enjoy the most, sperafishing.
    I am reading everyhing spearfishing related and found out how much the sport has changed and how little I know.
    Anyway I wiil be going fishing next week ( with Pucho) for the first time in so many years hoping for a nice mutton and a big Hogfish, so wish me luck guys.

Enjoy your trip and dive safe hermano