interesting quote

• First of all, this is why I love this forum...I came across a cool quote and wanted to share it with some people I respect and get their take on it, glad to have this place to do so.

not trying to offend anyone either, this just had my wheels turning and so I wanted to share it..please feel free to add cool or thought provocing quotes as well to further spur conersation

"Men rarely (if ever) managed to dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child." -Robert A. Heinlein, science-fiction author (1907-1988)

i like to spear fish

• :laughing:

Sounds perfect to a godless man like myself. I think you're opening a can of worms though.

Here's one I like that's sort of related.

If you keep your mind sufficiently open, people will throw a lot of rubbish into it. - William A. Orton

• This is a parable from Souls of fire by Elie Wiesel:

"When the King retires at night, his crown rests on a nail fastened to the wall."

"Why on a nail, which is nothing but a common object? Why not on the minister´s head?

" Because the minister might take himself so seriously and believe he is the king. No such danger with a nail .." ;)

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• my uncle used to tell me :

hijo de gato caza raton.

which translates to something like " the son of a cat hunts for mice"

I don't know if you guys get the meaning.

• I've met and talked with Elie Wiesel a few times during my undergrad time at Boston University. It wasn't till years later that I learned he was actually a public figure. Makes more sense now why my roommate had to do an interview to get into Wiesel's class. :)

• I've met and talked with Elie Wiesel a few times during my undergrad time at Boston University. It wasn't till years later that I learned he was actually a public figure. Makes more sense now why my roommate had to do an interview to get into Wiesel's class. :)

Fuzz, you are a celeb just as well :D

I would really like to attend a Wiesel´s lecture myself

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

Edited once, last by monster slayer ().

• This is from The C .I. R. by J.D. Salinger

"Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be."

A great novel. Salinger passed away recently

• Dan , i'll give you an example so you can get the meaning. I had a friend in cuba , we kind of grew together in the neighbourhood. one day my uncle sees me hanging with him and he calls me not to trust him and try stay away from him because his dad is a comunist and all and if he finds out anything he can give me away . I tell him he is not like his dad and the he tells me recuerda que hijo de gato caza raton.