Lobster Enchilado

• I made this last week, it is my favorite version of this dish.

2lbs lobster tails cut into 11/2-2 inch chunks (leave meat in shell) use a Cleaver
    ½ cup olive oil
    1 large onion
    4 garlic cloves
    1 large green pepper
    ½ cup of parsley
    1 can tomato sauce
    1 can pimientos morrones
    ½ cup ketchup
    ½ cup vino seco
    1 tablespooon white vinegar
    1 bay leaf(hoja de laurel)
    1/1/2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon Worscestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon hot sauce
    1 large Caldero

I used about 4lbs of lobster tails so I Multiplied the ingredients x2 adjust accordingly.

Once you cut up, and clean the lobster fry the lobster chunks in olive oil with Garlic and
    Onions. Fry until shells are red 5-6 minutes stirring in olive oil, garlic, salt. Do not worry
    About overcooking the lobster. Add green pepper, and turn down heat to med/low, add pimientos with water and also add the rest of the ingredients simmer on low heat for 35-45 minutes.(The trick with this recipe is to first fry the lobster in the olive oil with the garlic and onions). The finished sauce should be thick in consistency, more than soup.

• I agree the sauce and the rice alone are to die for. They do match well with tostones...good choice. My recipe is almost identical although, I have never used the Worshester and use less ketchup.:thumbsup2:

• I dont think the worshester does much. the next day I fried some eggs and put some enchilado sauce and lobster over them along with some fresh cuban bread. Dam im getting hungry..

• That looks delicious. We make it similar too.

One thing we do sometimes when we have time is a lobster pie. We get the lobster boil them a bit in salted water(keep the water you boiled them in) let them cool and shred the meat(carne ripiada style). We then make the sofrito(onion, garlic, green peppers)in olive oil with the tomato sauce, wine, ketchup, hot sauce etc., and we also add peas(petites pois) with the parsely and morrones. We add some of the water we boiled the lobster in(this also adds the salt) and make the sauce. Once it's boiled down a bit we add the shredded meat. Let the sauce boil down first because you don't want the meat to cook too long after you mix everything together.
    We prepare a dish with Phylo Dough on the bottom, put the shredded lobster enchilado inside(not too wet) and put another piece of dough on top to cover. Poke some hole in it to let steam out, and brush with butter.

One more thing, make sure you cut everything really small. Oven at 400 degrees till the pie is goldenly delicious.

• if i could chose that would be my last super.i love it i once ate 8 lobsters with a friend after a fishing day that we found more than 50 in a litel hole just 2m from shore and 2feet deep,i would put my hand in the hole and the snorkel would be out of the water,we took them all by hand couse we were just caching octopus and had no other gear,i could not close my hands for more than a week. my recepe is just like any other with the few things we have in cuba but i do the enchilado with the head of the langostas then i boil tha tails jus for 30 secunds to make it easy to remove from the shels and cook them in the souce for a few minuts the resolt is much beter but also lots of work.carajo que reguero he armado la proccima escrivo en espanol.

Edited once, last by alecrin ().

• Alecrin,
    normally whenever we do anything with seafood, with the exception of just frying, we always boil the heads or the entire fish/lobster/crab etc. You can make soups, rice, sauces etc. with it. Pero es un reguero. It's usually done outside.
    I love to cook guys so keep the recipes coming.