Gopro HD HERO user tips

• Here is some info since i probably have used the gopro underwater more than most.

Patriot 16gb class 6

You do not need a 32gb because you cannot fill a 16gb card in one day.

You need about 3 batteries for 1 FULL day of diving. That means from 8am in the water till 5pm recording your every dive. I say the battery usually lasts about 4 hours. Although i do more dives than the average person per day.

• Yes, I was asking how long a fully charged battery would hold it's charge while not in use. Basically, if I charged up 4 batteries before heading to Baja, would the hold the charge for a four day trip. Sounds like, by your experience, they will last much longer than that. Good to know.

Thank you!

Yes it will hold a charge just fine.

• Hi guys! i just got my Go Pro for Xmas! :), and i am going to mount it in my Omer mask thanks to the forums that showed me how to do it, but once in a while i may want to mount the camera in my gun, and i already improvised a homedepot mount that looks like Frankenstein, not very good looking, and very bulky. I used that mount for my Olumpus though. Do you guys got any idea for a gun mount for the Go-Pro? I got a Mares Cyrano 970.

thanks!

• I had a frustrating Friday... recorded every dive, or thought I did... only the first dozen dives recorded. Nothing else on the memory card. I really want that footage. :(

Two weeks ago, I recorded 50 dives with no problem - same camera, same card (class 6 SDHC).

• How many hours of video can you get on each card?

8GB:
    16GB:
    32GB:

Im trying to figure out the best combination of memory card/batteries/battery backpack etc for a full day of diving. I make a lot of dives and also want to film some of the ride and other things.

Thanks

• Yeah Judah. I heard R5 is the best for underwater video so thats mostly what Ill be using.

BTW how much difference are the times/memory usage at each setting?

• While it’s purpose is not for dampening, it does dampen vibration as a side effect of its true purpose. The quick release lock prevents the camera from popping out of its mount in the event of a heavy rear impact. It’s rare that it happens but important to use that rubber plug/lock in high impact situations. Maybe a good idea with spearfishing too where strong recoil from the speargun may knock the camera out of the mount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA-BvymgNxI

• Wishihadgills...

According Apple official website, iMovie can only import DV, mpeg-4, mpeg-2, MOV and M4V, the reason is simply because iMovie includes all the necessary codecs to read them. But where can we find the codecs needed to import mp4 to iMovie? Video converter for Mac is the best programs ever that being able to convert mp4 and a variety of other video and audio files for iMovie workable, while no other codecs are needed.

Video converter for Mac equips itself with all of the codecs that needed to transcode/convert/compress almost all video and audio files for iMovie on Mac. Mp4 is one of them that can be easily encoded. The program is suitable to run both on Intel Processor and PowerPC from version 10.4 to 10.5. Just simply load the .mp4 video clip to video converter then choose DV, MPEG-4 or MPEG-2 as the output format. The work is done.

Another tip is to use a program called Streamclip http://www.squared5.com/

It's a free program that will play anything and convert/export anything and everything. I would pick one of your smaller files or use streamclip to cut or convert out a small section of your file as a test subject and see what you can get iMovie to import.