• The Pursuit carbon fins were put through a similar test, albeit the machine was much simpler and the fins weren't bent so far. They lasted 1.5 million cycles, the machine running one month non stop, before the test was terminated without the fins breaking.

That's awesome.

• for the time being we can use it with that shaft and then when needed get a new one. if they say it's hardened we can try them. it just needs some care after using.

• Dan: I've read in a Spanish forum that Assos were made in China. I'm not sure about that, but for sure I'm suspicious. Would be good if you take apart one of these AND an Asso. Then you'll be sure wether they are the same thing. Please psot the results.

You're right. I'm "cabeza dura", but I will admit in public if I'm wrong when you demonstrate I am. ;)

Ask for two samples, one for taking apart and the other one for Sergio. He for sure could take some beating out of it catching some nice cuban kingfish. :)

As for the handles, there is a guy in Spain that makes some BEAUTIFUL anatomic rubberized handles for Cressi, Mares and Asso pneumatics and they cost a fraction of those rat grips. Again, this one looks too much like an Asso. Maybe you could give a try. I will try to find some pictures and the contact person for you.

One last thing: I love spring steel shafts and many other people does. Anyway, you should know that all pneumatic spearguns come with POS shafts. Either SS or coated. You must buy a good shaft the same day you buy the gun. Don't ask me why, but it's that way.

Always a pleasure debating with you ;

Cheers.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• OK guys, help me out;

I have 2 Mares pneumatics, one 850 Cyrano and one 100 cm Sten. I am new to Pneumatics, as I stated earlier, I am using them because I can load them with one arm. I want a 130cm for long shots and Mares does not make them any more. I like the Mares it seems to be a quality product. Can anyone suggest a good quality 130cm pneumatic?

Thanks,
    KC

• 35 HRC seems low compared to RA 55 HRC.

I have a 130 I won't be using. Was looking to get around to using it but one gun is enough here in FL.

Davie Peguero

• I had someone bring over a persistent speargun to change the bands on it. I have to assume that it was the sniper carbon pro. I say assume because the Persistent website describes it as having a carbon barrel, but the fabric used to make this barrel clearly has red and black squares. I've never seen red carbon so maybe it's a carbon kevlar fabric. The tube looks nice but it has no rail. Anyways the original red bands it came with were shit. One of those bands that are hard to stretch but don't seem to transfer any power to the shaft. So we put Pursuit rubber on the gun.

The plastic line release broke after using the gun one time. There are no replacement parts and the owner wanted me to fabricate a line release out of stainless steel based on the old broken one.

The gun doesn't come rigged with mono, rather this black and white cord.

The muzzle with Pursuit rubber. The muzzle seems to be modeled after the Beuchat Marlin muzzle, the shaft snaps into place. The quality of the muzzle doesn't seem to be the same as the Beuchat though.

The shaft is coated and has the flopper on top.

• anybody looking for work? :rolleyes1:

Pipin Ferreras The DEEP QUEST INSTITUTE is looking for skilled spear fishermen with writing skills to help us with the development and promotion of the institute, send us an emaill

• I don't understand why some of these new railgun producers insist on putting a loading pad that obscures line of sight down the shaft:confused1: :nono: