Carp , combines and the wheat harvest

• i am very interested in this "rolling" technique...so you pulverize the fish and then squeeze the meat out of the fish ???

is this like the De-BONER??!?!?! WONDER BONER to the rescue!!

http://www.spinelesswunderboner.com/

Nothing like the Wunder Boner! :laughing3:

The traditional way was to fillet the fish & use spoons to spoon the raw meat off fillets & bones into a bowl. Then use 2 knives in a criss-cross fashion to work through fish in bowl to pop up any rogue bones or scales. The rolling technique doesn't get as much fish out... but is generally quicker & cleaner.

• I have seen it in tarpon. they beat the hell out of the fish (like 1/2 hour) until the flesh is soft, then made a cut at the base of the tail and the they rolled the meat out. It is mostly done with fish that have too much bones. Otherwise is eaier to fillet.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I can say i tried damn tarpon about 15 years ago. I did the bat technique and what i got was really nasty. I did not like at all the taste. we took another piece near the head to boil to prepare a broth and something might have being wrong. the skin turn dark black and it stunk the place. Was disgusting. then i tried it again with a guy from the area of cangrejos for those from Puerto Rico, he owned a restaurant and he managed to get meat out but still wasn't that good. He did pastelillos wit it. I have killed barracuda and loved it. But i only kill small ones. around 5 to 7 pound max and in open water. I never got sicked. anything bigger is a big risk of ciguatera, really delicious.

• they do them with parrotfish and ray's as well. Damn everyone knows there is no way to get that much chapin in the island. They are scarce and they don't get to grow big due to overfishing. Fot the ones that don't understand Spanish Chapin equals Trunkfish. Ive seen it all my life. I used to work as a kid with my uncle in of the famous, vending Trucks in Piñones ( las guaguas de Piñones). when they used to specialize in sea food. And chapin always was something else. that is where i took the tarpoon to be processed. He got a good amount of meat out. But it tasted awful. But you all know when you stew anythig with lots of spices. you out do the real taste of the fish. and that is why they make the pastelillos, taste good. Done thousand of the damn things. Trust me i know Marco you know the rest.

• im with you core with the chapin..i go daily spearfishing and i dont see a lot of chapin...i only one time got a 6 pounds but never see a big one like that again....i got to learn how to post pics damn it haha...i know those chapin empanadillas must be manta ray or something else...people are desperate here in pr...everyone is going to the usa becasuse things are getting worse here...sad but true..so they do anything to obtain money..