Conditions were perfect ...

• For a bit of garbage hauling....

Darren Bob and myself picked up a trash bag each plus some trap gear and Bob hauled in a sizable piece of steel cable. Trash bags were donated to us by a local convenience store that was too happy to assist us.

I was pleased to see that the beach was cleaner than I have seen in the past. Very little large trash. Those bags are mostly filled with plastic straws and bottle caps.

• It truly amazes me how many plastic bottle caps were down there! Oh, and thanks for helping pick up the bunk beds.

South Bound.

• Nice job. Where does all that stuff come from? Hardly any trash around here on the beaches and any trash there is usually has stuff living on or around it.

Davie Peguero

• Davie, our beaches get groomed daily, it's strange that you never noticed it. Tourism is very important to the economy here, and tourists come for the beaches. Also our beaches are so narrow that it's easy to clean them in an efficient manner, there are trucks that do this.

• Nice job. Where does all that stuff come from? Hardly any trash around here on the beaches and any trash there is usually has stuff living on or around it.

What Stephens pics don't show is the 60ft climb up the bluff on a small goat trail. We are the primary group that accesses some of the coves. Followed by the H&L guys.The debris mostly comes from the storm drains that dump into the ocean. Some trash is left by other groups that are to lazy to pack it out. Some trash that has been adrift gets deposited by currents and wave action. Considering the amount of people that live in the Los Angeles area the amount of debris is minimal IMO.

• Good way to make the most of your dive steve. Sorry you didnt get good conditions but the ocean gods may bless you with fish for your good deed next time.
    Paul

I like your style mate....Good things and big fish come to good people.

Cheers, Don

Edited once, last by Don Paul ().

• I am new on this forum so I don't know if the rest of you are aware, but Mike (Ladvr) picks up tons of trash regulalrly and motivates myself and others to do what we do.

• well the efforts that you all share are really inspiring.

I always try to pick up any trash that Ifind when diving, but this really helps to keep it front of mind...like anything else, you see a lot more when you are looking for it

i like to spear fish

• we got to protect the oceans....they r dying fast....im very happy with your work its great to pick up trash in the ocean...i always do that...in the bottom of the ocean or outside in the sand...sadly people here in pr most of them dont care...but we are trying to change that..