• Welcome Paul!!! Your pics and stories from SB and HSD have been amazing. Now how about posting the link to your motorcycle accident!!!!????? :D

I have no idea where the accident footage is - I know there was a clip circulating on youtube for a while. When I see it on TV, I look away before the impact - just too creepy because I still have no recollection of it.

Welcome Paul. Glad you made it over here. If you would not mind, posting your thread here about proper weight and diving. It may lead to a good discussion as I think spearos sometimes have a tendency to overweight themselves and be negatively buoyant at about 20 feet or so. Some of us although with posting priveleges on SB, choose not to post much over there and enter the discussion. You will find a much more friendly audience here and no moderators resembling the Hamburgler.

Sure thing Rolo. Let me see about copying/pasting it onto the general discussion board.... Here you go, slightly updated/edited. :cool2:

http://spearfishing.world/gene…ea-by-paul.html#post35508

-Paul

• The turtles are actually starting to get annoying around here. We have so many of them and for some reason they really like the Riffe cryptic wetsuit color pattern. Last week on a dive, two turtles were hanging out nearby watching my partner and I dive. About 30 minutes later, I had my eyes closed and was breathing up to make my next drop when one of them came up to me and smacked me in the face with a flipper. I think it was checking to see if I was still alive. Sometimes I worry that one of them is going to try mounting me...

I have some funny footage of a sea turtle doing stupid things all during one dive session. Trying to fit through a too-small wreck window, hitting it's head on a chain, even almost swimming into me as I did a fin-less forward somersault off of a wreck that sits at 100'. I haven't edited that footage and uploaded it yet. They are a no-touch animal in the US but they are so common and brave in Hawaiii that they do get in the way sometimes, and do need to be pushed or poked away.

In this clip put together by my partner, you can see a turtle floating around next to my partner at 1:20 as I make a drop.

Then on another drop starting at about 4:24, you can see two turtles just hanging out on the wreck. I go in the wreck, and end up coming up through the opening that's covered by a turtle so I gently lift it out of my way. Didn't seem to mind much.

-Paul

• welcome to the board bruddah Paul!!! Im from the westside of oahu and would love to get some tips and techniques for holding my breath longer, or hitting deeper depths. I am currently pushing 70 to 80ft. depths but thats on my good days!!

mahalo bruddah Keoni

ps I never met anyone with your caliber before and it would be a dream to dive with someone with your caliber!!