• The name's Paul. Born deaf, middle-school science/PE/Sex ed teacher, married, expecting triplets, live in Hawaii Kai on the island of Oahu in Hawaii.

Let's see what else...

Drowned 3 times, bit by sharks twice, hit by lightning once. I surf, tow-in, , used to be into motorcycles big time as well as kiteboarding and before that, windsurfing.

Diving related - I have a bit of a reputation for being an ulua (jack) expert. I use a Yamaha FXHO PWC for diving, and usually dive at 80-110', and when the winds die down, I also venture 30+ miles offshore to the FADs. I hope to find an ahi (yellow fin tuna) or a billfish one of these days, but have only been able to find and shoot mahis (dolphinfish) and onos (wahoos/kingfish) so far in the blue.

I can dive to about 170' before I run out of air to equalize my ears with. I used to have to clear my ears every 5 feet, but last year I had my ear drums and canal removed, and sealed up for good to help with my diving. Now I only need to clear every 15 or so feet. When I'm with a trustworthy partner, my hunting times are 2-2:30 but I'm known to exceed 3 minutes. When solo, I keep it at under 1:30. I have never SWB'ed. I have had rescued SWB victims and once lost somebody in my group to a SWB. I also teach diving classes on the side for free once or twice a year, with a strong emphasis on SWB prevention, spotting and reaction.

I think that wraps it up.

I'd throw in some random photos as I'm also a photo whore, but I've exceeded my bandwidth limits with photobucket for the month. Maybe next month.

I guess a few videos from this week will have to do instead since I'm not in trouble with youtube... yet. :laughing3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JIKNLdEJ-s&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZ7YgCGznA&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoJ4Obw1EOw&hd=1

-Paul

• Welcome to the forum Paul, yours are some impressive stats. I think I read your posts on SB. Good for you the ear surgery worked out, I remember you got some input that it could go either way.

Now if you please lets devirginize the Hawaii section with a report :) and if you have a nice ulua pic that I could use to represent the section I'd appreciate it.

• Thanks for coming Paul, glad the link I sent worked, great bunch here and look forward to talking more. I didn't know those things about you and your ears, interesting.
    Mahalo

John

• Thank you for the welcomes.

Paul what is the brand sled you use for your ski? any photo's of your setup, looks nice.

I use HSA's biggest sled. Have photos uploaded, but they won't be visible until my bandwidth limit gets reset next month. For now, you can kind of see the sled in one of the videos I posted above. I probably should put together a video showing how I am set up to hunt large fish with a detachable float. Since I can't put up any of my ulua pictures, I suppose I could devirginize the hawaii subforum with a video of that instead.

-Paul

• I dive alone probably 20-30% of the time and try not to. However, my regular partner is moving back to the mainland next week. My other partner can't dive past 40' which isn't even the minimum depths I dive at these days. I'm screwed. :(

I do have a long list of people here who want to become my next dive partner, but so far none of them have worked out as well as I would like. Schedules, ability, willingness to shoulder half of the cleaning up/gas bill, safety minded, not a blab-mouth, etc.

The search continues...

-Paul

• Now if you please lets devirginize the Hawaii section with a report :) and if you have a nice ulua pic that I could use to represent the section I'd appreciate it.

Forum still won't let me PM. How do I get a photo to you for the Hawaii board?

-Paul

• Welcome Paul!!! Your pics and stories from SB and HSD have been amazing. Now how about posting the link to your motorcycle accident!!!!????? :D

• Welcome Paul. Glad you made it over here. If you would not mind, posting your thread here about proper weight and diving. It may lead to a good discussion as I think spearos sometimes have a tendency to overweight themselves and be negatively buoyant at about 20 feet or so. Some of us although with posting priveleges on SB, choose not to post much over there and enter the discussion. You will find a much more friendly audience here and no moderators resembling the Hamburgler.

Good to have you!

Rolo