Speardiver carbon fins roll call

• You're way off with the "many years" statement. After being the first to introduce Pathos foot pockets to US market (I was initially blinded by the idea that lighter must be better) it took me only one year to understand they're not good and stop selling them. Making this decision was tough because my competitors capitalized on the "lightweight" marketing spiel and started selling their carbon blades in Pathos foot pockets. They kept on doing so up until recently, taking years before finally realizing that the easy sell was not worth the dissatisfied customers coming back with broken blades. All along never bringing to light the problems with the Pathos foot pockets and contributing to the huge hype. Sure Pathos foot pockets work well enough for some divers, and some carbon blades will not break. But until you've had my extensive experience with different foot pockets and received first hand feedback from many divers, you may not be aware of what's better.

• well I haven't seen a post on this VERY specific thread about a fin breaking.

I also know I bought my pair in May 2012 and only from a solid diver whom bought his at least 24months prior to my purchase. Therefore 2+2=you've sold these longer than 24 months:crazy:

Ive never met you Dan, but I know you have strong feelings about things and are very adamant about many other things. I must be one of the lucky ones because I recommended your fins to other people and they LOVE them and your comment about diving in heavy current with big fish is the definition of what we do up here. Ive seen my buddys leader fins snap in person from jumping off my boat. I do that all the time the same way and never had a problem

To conclude, I disagree with you and its still my opinion that blade material and composition make for 80% of the performance and the footpocket is just the coupler or transfer case to mate the fin blade and human foot

• I think the foot pockets are more important than the blade. You can have the best blades, but if your foot pockets are too soft in the wrong spots you're losing energy transferred...

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• Literally I don't think anyone here can speak for stronger currants, bigger fish or being weighted for a 7mm wetsuit and 15lbs of lead and using these fins.
    3 friends have these fins in pathos pockets and medium soft blades...c'mon why all the hate?

• The softer the foot pockets you get a mushy feeling with not much response.. That's why you must have balance. Most of us live in Florida, no current? You must be high... for Dan to stop selling them because of broken blades for lack of support is good enough for me. I'm just glad that he's honest. Unlike most dive shops who will sell you dog shit to make a buck because Times are tight... if they work for you great! Don't take it personal because he no longer sells an inferior product. Ride yours until the wheels fall off. But you can't blame someone for discontinuing to sell something because he ends up getting a lot of returns which means money down the drain. It's common sense. :toast:

Relax & Go Spearfishing

• For whatever it may be worth (Probably not much) - but I bought the Moana's Hybrids in Pathos Footpockets brand new at a nice reduced cost based on strong recommendation from a good highly respected internationally recognized spearo.

And they are GREAT for me. I really like them.. I can dive all day and they are easy on these old knees but when I need the power - they produce.

To be honest - I may have gone with Dan's C-90's but the recommendation AND price led me to the Moana Hybrids in Pathos Foot pockets.

Your mileage may vary.