Speardiver stainless steel euro shafts

• I was wondering if the Speardiver shafts were available yet for purchase.

Also, will there be mini and full size fin shafts or just the small fin?

did you decide on just SS or will there be Spring Steel available as well.

thank you

i like to spear fish

• These are the Speardiver shafts. I have a limited order coming this week, only 7mm (9/32) diameter at 150cm length. The tabs are not mini tabs, nor are they full size tabs. I'll post the height of the tab when the shafts arrive. Future shafts will be available with notches as well. All are heat treated stainless steel.

• nice! i love the cone up front, i would like to see the fins closer together for maximum band pull however.

about how much per shaft?

steve

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo

• Yeah Dan, good looking shaft you got. ;)

What are these going for?

Let me know when you get some for a 120cm gun (160cm Shafts)...

• G, the size he has now is perfect for a 120cm railgun, slapped one on the vecta, couldn't nt happier

I got my guby mitts on one this week...

Guys, these shafts like the other pursuit products I have tried are top notch. Not sure what Dans agenda is: maybe to turn us all into pursuit Zombie's, I think its working, each one of their products I try, im sold,

Won't buy suits from anyone else, won't buy fins from anyone else, won't buy a knife from anyone else, won't buy go pro anywhere else, won't buy anyone elses shafts....:gift: Pargo is taking over the world;)

Some notable points on the shaft:
    -Fit my 120 Rob allen vetca better than a factory shaft.

-A great stiff grade of stainless that is dead nutz accurate, only took shots sheepshead and grovers thus far, but expect bloody pics soon

-The Tip is a new style of tricut, HOLLOW ground, but with some what of a rock point, Seriously NICE!!! sharp but will withstand alot of abuse

-The rearmost tab, give some serious extra band pull, specially if both band are loaded to last tab

- The size of the fins is perfect, Just big enough to take both bands ALL the way back, without being bulky.

-The shaft actually get shinny with more use,

-Quality tuned flopper

-The welds on the tabs are perfectly finished with no snags of sharp spots..

-Best of all priced fairly:cool2:

Im actually picking up another 2 and another redtide knife this week

Hope this helps

Edited once, last by Slingador: spelling ().

• strong review right there...i was wondering if there was something different about the tip, that sounds quite nice but can we replicate it if it dulls?

Dan, will there be an option for a line hole in one of the fins or just in the shaft at the two pionts pictured?

DURRR, just realized that I can drill into these as they are stainless...nevermind, i'm just so used to Spring steel shafts that I am programed not to drill into them

i like to spear fish

• strong review right there...i was wondering if there was something different about the tip, that sounds quite nice but can we replicate it if it dulls?

Lunker, a sharpening stone works great to resharpen any type of tip.

• even if it is hollow ground? on all my knives that are ground, you have to rehone them with a 10-15 degree edge to prevent an uneven edge from the area that was ground out...I typically avoid those edges because I can never maintain them and end up honing them flat

do you prefer a whet stone or just a normal one G?

i like to spear fish

• I have to check them out. Need some with notches as a few I received recently from another manufacturer had issues with the depth of the notches and had the wishbone not hold. "dead nutz accurate"? Must be good.:D

• in the future will there be any 7mm notched 130cm and 7.5mm notched in 150 cm lengths??

There will be 7mm notched and finned shafts at the following lengths; 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, and 180cm. I'm not sure at this time about 7.5mm shafts.

nice! i love the cone up front, i would like to see the fins closer together for maximum band pull however.

about how much per shaft?

steve

While I like the cone as well, without exception all guys that I talked to in person are not familiar with the cone and are leery of it. I can't go against the market at this point so the 7mm shafts will not have cones.

I'll see about putting the sharkfin tabs closer together. Would anyone like to recommend an ideal distance?

The price of the shafts is $49.

The Tip is a new style of tricut, HOLLOW ground, but with some what of a rock point, Seriously NICE!!! sharp but will withstand alot of abuse

Thanks for the great review J.C.

I'm not familiar with the term hollow ground. To me the tip is a long taper tri cut.

The flopper is on the top or at the bottom?

The flopper is on the bottom of course.

These shafts are heat treated stainless steel. The brownish color you're seeing is a result of the heat treatment. These shafts don't rust and actually get shiny with use. At 150cm and a few other lengths they have 3 sharkfin tabs one being a rest tab.

At this time I only have a few 150cm shafts. I will now go ahead and order the complete range of lengths.

• It reffers to the angle at which the facet of the tri cut are in relation to each other, the faces of the hollow grind concave inward somewhat, giving the leading edge better cutting potential than both faces being flat, not sure if that makes sense... It makes for a much sharper edge as the angle of the cutting surface is made narrower by the grinding out of the material between the edges, it cuts more like a broadhead on an arrow than just a a pointy triangle.... The grind is indeed hollow, but not to the extreme :) just enough so that it doesn't affect durability

Hope it helps

• I hope that when you say 75 cm shafts you reffer to 75 cm guns, right? Otherwise you will be importing shafts for a 40 cm gun. I would go from 130 (for a 90 cm gun) to 180 (for 140).

Regarding the cone, in Europe they found out that increases penetration on long shots and doesn't affect in any way the integrity of the shaft. It can be easily removed with pliers or a vise grip if you don't want it. If the price is the same, beeing you I would keep it. Remember what happened with the open cell wetsuits and carbon fins? :rolleyes1:

At the end of the day you want to be in the edge regarding spearfishing gear and not a "me too", right? ;)

Nice product though. :)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I'm not familiar with the term hollow ground. To me the tip is a long taper tri cut.The flopper is on the bottom of course.

The first picture below shows hollow grinding as it would be applied to something like a knife blade, but you get the idea. The tips for broadhead hunting arrows (second pic) are often hollow ground.

I love using replaceable fishing arrow tips on my shafts because they are very sharp, very hard, inexpensive (about $2) and easy to replace even on the boat. The only problem is that hunting arrows are typically a size #12-28 thread (about 9/32" tip OD), and fishing arrows are a 1/4"-28 thread (5/16" tip OD), neither of which matches standard shaft threads.