new to boca

• Well im officially moved up to boca, and jsut got my smalller kayak (restricted on storage with the apartment) and all my dive gear up here. I've been stoppin by the beach before and between classes here and there and never see anyone diving. I was hopin maybe soome boca guys on here coould shed some light on the reef situation. I obviously dont want anyones personal spots or launch sites,, but a start would be niice. Is the reef up here structured like it is in hollywood/dania/ft.lauderdale? is it further out,, thats the kinda stuff id like to know before hitten the water.. either way ill probably charge out of the end of palmetto park or whatever it callled in the next couple days cause i live on glades and thats the closest place.
    thanks -steven

p.s theres so many fine girls up here!!!!

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Where you at dude I am in school now and if you wanna go diving I am down whenever really?
    Got my kayak too.

• blessings on your new beginning brother...very exciting.

if you aren't using it daily I will prolly collect the prism so I can get back out on the solo tip. shoot me a text when you'll be around, maybe we'll dive next weekend and I'll just take it then.

i like to spear fish

• There are some patches like 2nd reef depths and some reef like 3rd reef depth. Never shore dove it so you might find somethings along the way.

Davie Peguero

• Boca spearos----anyone interested in assisting sedisen may want to know that sdeisen is one of, if not THE best up and coming freedive spearos.
    without any formal training and only a few years spearing, he can already hunt at 60fsw+ safely.
    Sdeisen is always appreciative of any assistance offered
    Sdeisen is respectful and very knowledgable of the ocean.
    Sdeisen is also a good hand on the boat and is always offering to pay his share and carry more than his own load
    We are gonna miss you here brother :bottomup:

• Boca spearos----anyone interested in assisting sedisen may want to know that sdeisen is one of, if not THE best up and coming freedive spearos.
    without any formal training and only a few years spearing, he can already hunt at 60fsw+ safely.
    Sdeisen is always appreciative of any assistance offered
    Sdeisen is respectful and very knowledgable of the ocean.
    Sdeisen is also a good hand on the boat and is always offering to pay his share and carry more than his own load
    We are gonna miss you here brother :bottomup:

here here ...i cannot say enough about the quality of Steven as a brother diver both in and out of the water.
    be careful though, he has developed a taste for cherry losenges and his physique could make a skeleton feel fat:thumbsup2:

i like to spear fish

• im not familiar with anything that far north but I know up as far as say hillsboro inlet, the structure is similar to the area where I met you, its not as broad and expansive but there are nice lines. lots of boat traffic around there though. my friend talks about some reefs up that way I'll try to call him tomorrow or the next day and see if he can give me any general areas.

• thanks mike
    i got out before class this morning. i spent an hour jsut trying to find the reef, it was all sand till i got to a depth my anchor would not reach, and bein alone and with less than 30 foot viz i wasnt really into scopin that out. so i swam in and realized that there is no continuous shelf or ledge like down south its all patch reef, and i would cross big expanses of snd between outcroppings all in about 40 feet deep,, but the little patches were pretty cool and i saw several large muttons and some well over legal mangroves and macks,, also generally a lot more fish (small snappers and grunt and triggerfish) clustered around than in dania... oh well looks promising next time im bringin the gun.
    also screw small kayaks, i dont know how i used to do it

• Very well done Steven. Soon you will have some great spots with little or no pressure on them. A GPS should be your next purchase if you don't already have one.

I agree. When you find isolated spots in the middle of nowhere, normally they hold a lot of fish. It's the FAD principle.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• thanks mike
    i got out before class this morning. i spent an hour jsut trying to find the reef, it was all sand till i got to a depth my anchor would not reach, and bein alone and with less than 30 foot viz i wasnt really into scopin that out. so i swam in and realized that there is no continuous shelf or ledge like down south its all patch reef, and i would cross big expanses of snd between outcroppings all in about 40 feet deep,, but the little patches were pretty cool and i saw several large muttons and some well over legal mangroves and macks,, also generally a lot more fish (small snappers and grunt and triggerfish) clustered around than in dania... oh well looks promising next time im bringin the gun.
    also screw small kayaks, i dont know how i used to do it

im off tomorrow if you want to go diving

• you guys are tooo right :D,, and i like being the only boat(kayak) on the water as far as u can see in any direction too... and yes a gps is in the near future for sure...
    mrmike i got work unfortuantly,, sunday is my next option weather permmitting
    also dan somehow while moving up here i lost my redtide knife so ill be hitting you up for one some payday soon,, plus i miss rocko :dogattack:

• Hahaha. Dan and Marco took the words out of my mouth. You need a small gps for sure. Buy a hop spots chart too and look for areas of relief and you can explore with a little more of a designated plan of attack

i like to spear fish

• my boyfriend and i are here in boca.. i go to school at FAU and i dive usually on the weekends.. beach / kayak dives. where are you located ? try boca inlet. depends where you're looking and what you're looking for. also, there are some great dive shops around here that offer spearing trips thursdays and saturdays i think is dixie diver. let me know. dive safe