New to forum

• New to the forum, but dive with a few of the members.

Brief intro:
    Began spearing in the Los Angeles area around 03-04 while stationed in the Air Force. Enjoyed the lobster, seabass, yellowtail, and halibut hunting while in the area. So much in-fact that I decided to move to FL where I could be on the water, own a boat, and dive more often in 07. Couldn't be happier with that decision. Have met some great spearos here and enjoy some fine diving.

Glad to be part of the freediving community.

Matt

• Ha ha ha! You're killin me with this 29fs and 80lb cubera bullsheet!!!

Now the semi-public spot we hit sunday 55 miles out shows some serious potential. Too bad we only got 15min in the water before the wrath of God was unleashed (aka summertime in FL) :)

• Ha ha ha! You're killin me with this 29fs and 80lb cubera bullsheet!!!

Now the semi-public spot we hit sunday 55 miles out shows some serious potential. Too bad we only got 15min in the water before the wrath of God was unleashed (aka summertime in FL) :)

Look in the background of that pic. We were surrounded by storms. Now look at the color of the water and the color of the fish. 8 miles out of Anclote for the non believers. Pure luck at it's finest:toast:

Look in the background of that pic. We were surrounded by storms. Now look at the color of the water and the color of the fish. 8 miles out of Anclote for the non believers. Pure luck at it's finest

Just make sure you clean out that spot before October 9th (we don't need to see another repeat performance). I got a cubera snapper last year on an AR in 40'. Only when I weighed mine, there was a decimal point between the "8" and "0".

When I was little, we'd see small cuberas mixed in with the mangrove snapper at our dock. Yours is the first one I've seen over 12" with those colors and patterns so vivid. Very cool looking. :thumbsup2: