WTB: Euro Gun ~110-120cm

• Lost my RA 110 last weekend :angry5:, looking for a replacement. I was thinking Rabitech or Aimrite because of the better trigger mechs.

• I was diving down on a grouper and didn't realize I was waaay too deep. I missed a long shot and dumped my belt. The gun didn't float to the surface, guessing the reel hung up just enough to hold it down. I should have paid more attention to depth, but I got messed up because there was shitty vis down to about 40 ft - then viz opened up to more than 100 feet. I didn't realize how far down he was on the wreck.

Expensive weekend, but I learned a lot. A Shit Load.

• That sucks!

Will you go again to that spot to try to recover for your gear?

Whe you get your Rabbitech, please let is know how does it compares with the Rob Allen. I am a RA fan.

As far as I know the rail iin the Rabby's is not part of the alluminum barrel, right?

Anyone that has or have had both, please comment a little bit.

Thanks,

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Aimrite aluminum has the integrated track, the carbon shouldn't.

Jim, I sort of guessed it was because you didn't use a float line. Use a float line. I guess you lost the belt too I just hope it wasn't with the new weights. Thanks for sharing the story, others can learn from it. Did you mark the spot to try to recover?

• The aimrite venom carbon fiber have the integrated track just like the aluminums. The older aimrites had a stick on rail.

Davie Peguero

• Freek --> Deep - 90+, which I wasn't ready for; my previous max depth was 72.

Marco --> I think I might end up with an Aimrite (Davie's), but Takowill on this forum offered to sell me one of his Rabi's . He should be able to chime in.

Dan --> Yeah, on a reel. I'm definitely gonna get a floatline. I already have a float. I still like having a reel, but I see how nice a good floatline/float combo can be. You always have a place to hang your stuff and you don't lose your gun. It will also be a savior if you get a big fish at depth. Also, I did lose my new weightbelt and 4 of the weights!

• Thanks for the info about the Aimrite, as a matter of fact I do have one... :rolleyes1:

Did anyone had the chance to read my question?

As far as I know the rail iin the Rabby's is not part of the alluminum barrel, right?

Anyone that has or have had both, please comment a little bit.

Thanks,

Who was the one here that said "thanks for ignoring me"? :rolleyes1::D

Marco Melis

• Hi Marco,
    My Apex Carbon Rabitech has a stick on rail, not a built in one. I'm almost positive it's the same with the Stealth series.

• The fact that the rail is not incorporated into the barrel is a mute point in my opinion. I started out shooting RA (the green grip ones) and switched a few years ago to Rabitechs and never looked back. This is my personal opinion and realize that I shot a RA for many years: I have NEVER heard of a case where the guide or rail has come of a Rabitech barrel. And I feel that having the rail as is in the Rabitechs assures that the shaft will always be in contact with the rail as the non-barrel incorporated guide is protruded higher and hence assures constant contact with the shaft.

• Thanks Rolo.

That's for the carbon, but what about the alluminum? Anyway, I asked the price and is WAY higher than the RA. :(

Any place that sells them at "reasonable" prices? All I need is a 120 cm alluminum railgun double 16 mm band, 7 mm shaft.

I think I will buy a Rob Allen again soon...

Marco Melis