Miami Dade launching ramps

• Since the bulk of my diving is done with Pantoja and his boat is parked in the water I'm less familiar than I should be with launching points in Broward and Miami Dade. I hope I'm not way off target thinking that it may be interesting to everybody to have a quick place to refer to when looking to go out of a particular area. It will be useful when you want to set up a meeting to dive with new guys. I don't even know if there are that many options but I know they will be new to me. So how about you post your favorite ramps along with some quick info about cost of parking, availability of trailer space and non trailer space, hours of operation etc. Remember that non members can't see this info so please be generous if good launching points are a little like numbers to you :)

Haulover - Haulover park marina

The only place that I'm familiar with is Haulover park marina at [SIZE=-1]10800 Collins Ave. Miami Beach Tel. (305) 947-3525[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] I think parking is $5 for cars. It's 5 minutes from Haulover inlet and there's a gas station and convenience store (ice) on the water between it and the inlet. When we go out of there we'll go as far north as Dania and south almost to government cut. Interesting thing is that at very high tide the water can go half way up the parking lot.

[/SIZE]

• Haulover has some great new features, like parking lot cast netting for H/L fisherman looking for bait right in the parking lot :laughing3:

• My favorite boat ramps in Miami are the ones on weekdays. The majority of the ramps on weekends are murderous. I detested Black Point and would just drive south to Homestead. I used to love Crandon, but in the summer it is just crazy with all the jet skiers. Before I moved north, I used Matheson Hammock quite a bit. MH was likely my favorite as I liked the rinsing and filet station and appreciated that it was not too far from where I lived. Best ramp in the Keys for me was Harry Harris State Park. Exactly 3.7 miles to my nearest point and free on weekdays. Most of the ramps in Broward have been good too. The one off 15st near Davie Blvd is great for weekday getaways. I love the ramps up my way, they are all Free.:thumbsup2:

• My favorite ramp is John U Lloyd I guess. They let boats in 1 hour before opening to the public. On holidays there are lines about 10-20 cars long waiting for opening time. On these holidays I always love the look on nonboaters faces when I skip them all. I had their fish cleaning table set up with zip ties so I can slide a beach umbrella in there and clean my fish in the shade. They also have a creek that goes behind the ramps and you can beach your boat on the sand and they have grillls there as well. Parking is $10 but you can get a yearly pass for $80 if you plan on going more than 8 times a year.

There is also one in the Keys around MM 80. Free, but it's a dirt ramp. Head out straight for 3 Nmiles and always a good time all the times I've went.

Davie Peguero

• I think those tides are called neap tides or something like that. Seen it at John LLoyd also. A1A was completely submerged by the intracoastal.

We only had about 4 inches of clearance for the boat this weekend under a bridge where we usually have no problem. Also interesting was that we saw thousands of crabs laying eggs this weekend as well. Kind of cool to see nature being able to tell time.

Davie Peguero

• I use Matheson Hammock as well $12 with boat trailer. Nice place even on weekends.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Autocross Junkie