Aeris F10 freediving watch

• I have one, use it as my primary dive watch now.

I've had the same D3 since 2003 and it still works great... even though it looks like it's been through hell.
    Since I got my F10, I've relegated the D3 to backup duty.

The F10 isn't as intuitive as the D3, but has a lot more functionality. Not sure if all the issues have been sorted out, but mine has worked great for the last year or so. As you said, it sure looks a lot more "adult" than the D3. :)

• It's a bit large, but wearable.

Even though the F10 is slightly larger and heavier than the D3, I'd be a lot more willing to wear it as an everyday watch based on aesthetics alone.

• I've been contemplating getting this computer myself, as both of my D3s have finally crapped out.

Thanks for the review Fuzz. Does it also tell temperature?

• I use an F10. I was using a Geo before that. The F10 is a lot more user friendly for freediving. I wouldn't wear it as an everyday watch. Iit weighs about double what a normal watch weighs, and is about 50% bigger. It does have a temperature function.

• x2 to what monster said...the prowler is a good watch, i believe the F10 to be a great watch.

the prowler is alleged to have good pc interface as monster said but better display than the prowler and I think, user replaceable batteries which is a plus

i like to spear fish

• My buddy Fernando has it. I have myself a Mosquito, like the D3 but black color and with scuba functions. Not that I will ever use it, but I got a VERY good deal on it.

Speaking about the Aeris, it is really nice and I would wear it as a day-to-day watch, but as I know, the first ones had a problem with the battery. Apparently there was a "low battery" indication after few weeks. It was covered by the warranty but as you know, it is a pain in the ass being sending back stuff for repair/replacement. (That's part of my love story with Jomer...).

Dan: Make sure with the supplier that they have solved that problem, otherwise you will be dealing with many returns and I know that's not funny.

Get a diving computer yourself and you will see that after you get used to it, you will miss it when you don't have it as you would miss any essential piece of your gear.

It is very helpful to know the surface time between dives and also helps you to dive more securely.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco, thanks for the heads up on the battery problem. I spoke to Aeris about it and was told it was fixed a while back with a firmware update. All new watches now come with new firmware and are problem free.

• Crap!! I just ordered one yesterday, but didn't realize you were selling them at the store Dan, or I would've ordered it from you.
    From what I've read, and the vids I've watched on youtube, it looks like a great freedive watch.
    I've never dove with a f.d. computer before, so hopefuly it will help me with my lousy diving technique :D

• I think it comes in any color you want, so long as its black. I received mine Friday, I ordered it from Dan and received it very quickly. Thanks Dan.

I haven't had it with me on a dive yet but went through some of the on-line tutorials on how the dive functions operate. It arrived asleep, but set for accurate time and date so I didn't read up on the watch function, however two days later California changed to day light savings and I easily adjusted the time without the manual. My point being that it was very intuitive. My dive partner Darren uses one and it seems to work very well.

Thanks Dan.

• Spoke to a couple buddies about this watch and they swear by it. Put in my order a few days ago, just checked on the tracking info and I should be getting it today. Thanks Dan you're awesome!!!

• Maybe Dan can confirm this but the only major changes in the new watch are the number of dives it can log and the ability to set the activation depth.

The first seems like they updated the memory space but the second seems like a purely software change. Is there any chance that an updated firmware will bring this ability to the old version? Or will this probably not happen because it would mean a decrease in sales for the new version?

• Outwardly the Aeris F10 V2 is the same. The changes are to the hardware and software. The original F10 can be upgraded to version 2 for $135.

Partial list of the new features.

The New Aeris F.10 v.2 Personal Dive Computer. Aeris is introducing version v.2 of the F.10 Freediving Watch, the best dedicated freediving watch on the market today. Chilean Freediver Simon Bennett is beta testing the Aeris F.10 v2 as of this writing and just set a Chilean National Record. Much of these changes were driven by feedback gathered on the deeperblue.com forum. Martin Stepanek, of Freediving Instructors International, who worked with us to develop the original, was also instrumental in defining and testing these new features as well.
    Some of the key features of this new version are:

• User settable depth activation for shallow water training
    • User updateable firmware – with optional cable
    • Salt / Fresh Water setting
    • Improved time and depth settings resolution
    • Repeatable countdown timer for interval training
    • Added history for the last session (resets at midnight, or may be manually reset)