Letting go...need some advise

• I have heard many folks give testimony about one treatment or another curing cancer but many cancers are generally a death sentence. I think these diseases are both genetic and also the result of old age. Cancers are "freak" cells that do not function as normal cells should. The older we get and the more divisions and repair we force our cells to produce (as in the case of constant irritants like tobacco, alchohol etc) the more likely we are to "crap out" and churn out a "bad egg" ie cancer. His father died of cancer....and not just cancer but the same type...melanoma....could be coincidence but a few studies I read said black dogs in particular demonstrate a genetic predisposition to melanoma in particular

Emil, cancer is just a natural way of the body, but the organism keep it at bay generally, until the inmmune system is weakened. Almost all living things will develop certain kind of cancer, but that doesn´t mean a death sentence, the body is not a subject of study, instead it is a mistery. The body has a natural tendency towards health and to life not to death, otherwise and all of us would had died young. My grandma deal ed with a stomach cancer since she was 70, she died at 94, of a cardio arrest. She managed to kept the cancer at bay. the doctors gave her just a couple of months!!! How they dare. The answer is in the exception and not in the rule.
    Every single disease has an historical and cultural basis. The leper was the disease of the ancient times, do they found a cure?? No the historic conditions just changed and the illness was gone. Cancer is no different. What kills people is not the cancer but the goddamn theraphy that destroys the bone marrow.

There are plenty of evidence about this. Vitamin c orally is good for prevention, but not for theraphy. A blood transfusion of a strong healthy dog would be great too. Give him some tools to the fight. If he is going to pass, that would be not without a good fight my friend ...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Some pics I took today of our dog. Last one shows just how progressed the swelling/tumor is on his right jaw.

He looks strong, and in good shape, don´t take what the doctor say as gospel, if he would live for three more years in good condition, that´s pretty damn close to a dog´s lifespan, so let´s find those green tea and vitamin C shots my friend!!!

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• It is with a heavy heart that I report that our beloved dog Lenny has succumb to his illness. In the eight days since my post he had two major bleeds which left him both anemic and lethargic. Mandy and I knew without really saying much to each other that it was now up to us to help him die with some dignity and to help end his suffering. Our emotion overcame us at several points but we came through it by recalling the moments of joy he brought us during his life. Thanks again to all those who offered their advise and support.

• It is with a heavy heart that I report that our beloved dog Lenny has succumb to his illness. In the eight days since my post he had two major bleeds which left him both anemic and lethargic. Mandy and I knew without really saying much to each other that it was now up to us to help him die with some dignity and to help end his suffering. Our emotion overcame us at several points but we came through it by recalling the moments of joy he brought us during his life. Thanks again to all those who offered their advise and support.

You guys gave him a good life. I see my dogs and I dread the day I'll have to say goodbye. Best.

• Goodbye Lenny.

Very sad, their life is too short even under the best of circumstances. Now that he's gone you have to concentrate on making yourself and your family feel better. The best way to do this is get a puppy. You may think that a puppy will remind you all the more of the dog you lost, but in reality the new bundle of life demands care and love which take your mind off the loss. Eventually filling the house with new energy by its presence. If you'd like a dog with similar temperament to Lenny try to isolate the character traits that you saw in him and learn how to select the same qualities in a young puppy. Also research raw feeding and correct vaccination protocols. Anything I can do to help let me know.

• Coño Emil, I just came accross your post and I feel for you, my friend. I had a beagle named Charlie who passed away after 13 years in our lives. It was very sad indeed and I recall calling Rolo that morning to cancel a dive. I was never as affectionate to Charlie as was my ex-wife, however I must admit I wept the day he passed on. I hope you mourn your loss in peace.

Oh Emil, I also just came across this. Very sorry for you and your family's loss.