Another norcal video...

• Loved it! When does ling season open? I really want to go hunt those dinosaurs for the first time! Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy hunting reef fish. Nothing like shooting a big pelagic, but something about the reefs. I use to live in indiana and squirrel hunting was my favorite kind. I loved white tails, but squirrels are just fun to hunt. Funny how things trigger memories.

Over seabass hunting....

• Loved it! When does ling season open? I really want to go hunt those dinosaurs for the first time! Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy hunting reef fish. Nothing like shooting a big pelagic, but something about the reefs. I use to live in indiana and squirrel hunting was my favorite kind. I loved white tails, but squirrels are just fun to hunt. Funny how things trigger memories.

Know what you mean, hunting the reefs in Hawaii is my favorite type of diving. Nothing glamorous or huge in size, but it takes a lot of work/skill & a bit of luck to do well on those small skittish fish. Feels like I really earned it... in contrast to most of my WSB diving, where I feel like I just walked into a cow pasture & plugged one. :D

Ling is supposed to be open already, but DFG held it up... so looks like the traditional 4/1 opener. Drop me a line if you come up, would be happy to play dive guide. I've seen a lot of big ones this year, but the larger ones are all holed up pretty good (15-25# range).

• Man I want to get diving out west. That kelp looks spooky but cool to dive in. Cool vid man.

• Know what you mean, hunting the reefs in Hawaii is my favorite type of diving. Nothing glamorous or huge in size, but it takes a lot of work/skill & a bit of luck to do well on those small skittish fish. Feels like I really earned it... in contrast to most of my WSB diving, where I feel like I just walked into a cow pasture & plugged one. :D

Ling is supposed to be open already, but DFG held it up... so looks like the traditional 4/1 opener. Drop me a line if you come up, would be happy to play dive guide. I've seen a lot of big ones this year, but the larger ones are all holed up pretty good (15-25# range).

I was thinking it was supposed to be, but not sure. I may take you up on that I would think the opener would be a great time to go depending on conditions. How far north do you dive from Orange Co. for those things? (hours) I don't really know the Nothern Coast all that well.

Over seabass hunting....

• I was thinking it was supposed to be, but not sure. I may take you up on that I would think the opener would be a great time to go depending on conditions. How far north do you dive from Orange Co. for those things? (hours) I don't really know the Nothern Coast all that well.

Probably better off just trying to find some cheap discount fares & fly into SFO... my garage is like a dive store anyways with extra belts/weights/guns/gauges/irons/etc. ;)

Or... roadtrip it up with couple buddies. For lings/rf, you can get em down in cambria pretty good. Those are some of best grounds I've seen.

• Probably better off just trying to find some cheap discount fares & fly into SFO... my garage is like a dive store anyways with extra belts/weights/guns/gauges/irons/etc. ;)

Or... roadtrip it up with couple buddies. For lings/rf, you can get em down in cambria pretty good. Those are some of best grounds I've seen.

I'm sure when I go I have one buddy that is most definitly gonna want to take the trip with me so maybe driving, but flying doesn't sound too bad either.

Over seabass hunting....

• Looks like beautiful conditions! I too love to dive Cali reefs, and yes it is much more challenging especially for big boy Calicos:toast:

• Feels like I really earned it... in contrast to most of my WSB diving, where I feel like I just walked into a cow pasture & plugged one. :D

Or being the first one to jump in on a paddy and having a horde of yellows try to rape you:laughing3:

• REALLY nice video! And you are a sniper!

For me that have never dive in the Pacific it looks kind of surreal. Keep em comin' ;)

That is a skill that Harold possess. Look at the shot placement of all of his fish.

Both Poseydon and Apollo bestowed him that gift ;):sparta:

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Yep that was some sniping.

Good teamwork. That was very cool watching the fish turn redder and redder as you came to the surface. Nice vid.

i like that alot too, reminds me of hogs, toros and mutton.

awesome vid, cali diving looks so unique every time

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!