Speardiver SA euro shafts

• I preffer 7 mm myself, but some people likes 7.5 mm better. What I do like is the hole in front of the notches. It makes impossible to break the shaft at the notches and relieves the stress of the mono when you introduce it into the mechanism. Another advantage is that many times, the whole shaft acts like a slip tip when you pass the fish all the way.

If the shafts are going to be made custom for you, I strongly recommend you considering it. That's a major selling point imo.

On the other hand, I use 1.8mm black mono. I think it is 250#. In Europe there is the tendency to go with thinner mono. They have found that in fact the speed of the shaft is actually affected. That's for Lunker. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• The toggle effect is precisely the reason to have the line attached to the back of the shaft. If the fish and shaft go into a hole it's less likely that the shaft will get stuck inside, if the shaft is being pulled out directly by the back end. Nothing wrong with having two holes to choose from though :D If this was a stainless steel shaft I'd say just get the Pursuit shaft drilling jig http://freedivingspearfishingg…r-shaft-drilling-jig.html and put another hole wherever you want it.

• Well, I know what I'm saying.

When I discovered Euro shafts with the hole in front of the notches was the light. At that time I used to go for wahoos with a 110 single banded euro gun.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I don't have near the experience that you guys do, so I hesitate to even offer suggestions, but...
    I shoot little 70-90cm guns for rockfish here in NorCal, and I found that my choice in shooting line can effect the accuracy, especially with the little 70 and a single band. Problem is that it's all hole hunting and shooting line gets chewed up pretty quick in the rocks.
    What I've settled on is Momoi brand mono because it seems to be smaller diameter for the test than other monos. As an example, the 250# I use most of the time fits in a 1.6mm crimp, and the 300# fits in a 1.9mm crimp. I've never tested it's strength though, as I only shoot little rockfish and an occasional lingcod.
    The toughest stuff I've used though, is "Memospec" braided line. That stuff just doesn't seem to get abraided on the rocks, and once it's stretched, is supple enough that it doesn't effect the shot at all.
    I just like mono better though, especially in the thick kelp I like to play in.
    Ron.

• thanks for that insight Ron... Iwas at Dan's place yesterday and we calipered the momoi mono at 300 and 400# test and some generic 400#mono Ihad been using..my cheapo mono was 2.1 and the momoi i think was 1.9...big difference imo

BTW...these shafts engage perfectly in a buechat mundial mech as well

i like to spear fish

• I'm thinking of expanding the range of options I will have these spears available in. I need input on what's in demand, things like full size sharkfin tabs, mini sharkfin tabs, pins, notches, rest tab, diameters; 6.5mm, 7mm, 7.5mm, 8mm, threaded tip, euro notch, US notch etc. Please let me know what's popular or at least what you'd like to see.

• I'm using those S.African shafts exclusively now on my guns.
    Pool tested the heck out of them...caught some nice fish....they are super....no corrosion so far....I'm using the full sharkfin tabs, they can take 2 x 2.65mm spectra each.......Good choice Dan.

Ihab

• I'll go with what Lunker said.....
    I need a 7.5mm euro, full size fin with hole in front fin in 190cm preferably with a rest tab.