Speardiver SA euro shafts

• Speardiver SA (South African) 7mm plated euro shafts are now available. Tri-cut, 3" barb, two notches. Very good corrosion protection coating. Polished notches and line hole.

Fits (I will update this list as I test the shafts with more guns):

• Rob Allen Vecta Handle/trigger mech
    • Speardiver euro trigger mechs Trigger Mechanisms
    • Beuchat Mundial handle/trigger mech

Price:
    120cm $37
    130cm $37
    140cm $38
    150cm $38.50
    160cm $39
    170cm $40
    180cm $41

• i will bring my tito when I come to see you this week so you can test them in a beauchat mundial mech as well.

they are the same as the RA, but you never know until you test it :)

EDIT- i just saw your response- FOR REAL my brother!!! If companies insist that everyone who purchases their gear also be an advertisement for the company I can accept that. But, if that is the case, I better be able to represent the companies that I actually like :D

i'll be patient but I'd rather buy one or two now if you will help me replace my floppers when some new ones arrive.

I really want a 7mm shaft for my tito as 400lb mono is out of the question with the 7.5mm shaft and that is my big fish gun so I want the heavy line even if it is a lighter spear.as I type that is seems like it might be retarded logic and maybe I'm better off with the heavier spear and lighter mono...hmmm.

still certainly want one for my 90 RA

i like to spear fish

• Are these the same type as the freedivers shafts or like kj shafts? If they are freedivers shafts, I have had the same one for 3 years in 7mm and it hasn't failed yet!

• I guess I am just used to the bigger shaft. Hahaha couldn't resist.

Truth be told I am vacillating at the moment. The thinner shafts are so fast and since I rarely shoot big ass fish. It just might make sense to switch to 7mm.

Btw I have your mako shaft. You left it in my yak when you gave it to me

i like to spear fish

• I really want a 7mm shaft for my tito as 400lb mono is out of the question with the 7.5mm shaft and that is my big fish gun so I want the heavy line even if it is a lighter spear.as I type that is seems like it might be retarded logic and maybe I'm better off with the heavier spear and lighter mono...hmmm.

still certainly want one for my 90 RA

Judah, 400lb. mono is not necessary. Ive found that the amount of time it takes until you finally need that 400lb does not outweigh all the time spent shooting with decreased shaft velocity. This weekend i shot a grouper over 40lbs, she holed up, and went apeshit trying everything she could to get away and cut me off while i kept a lot of pressure from the surface. I thought for sure the line was going to break. In the end the 200lb mono had a lot of wear and needed to be replaced but was still more than enough to do the job. Try going down to 200lb, you will notice huge difference ;)

• Depends where you're shooting, if it's around wrecks I'd say 400lb is necessary. I've seen it shredded to half its diameter and still hold. If that was 200lb (half) for sure the fish would've tore the line. I can't say I've done a comparative study of accuracy and penetration between 300lb or 200lb mono and 400lb, I just never felt a disadvantage with the 400. But you are right in that going down in mono diameter when hunting open water and reef will not make a difference in holding power for almost all fish you'll encounter. I just have a hard time believing that over 15ft distance there will be any difference in velocity and penetration. That said in the case where the thick mono will not allow the shaft to go in the mech, switching to a lighter mono outweighs other considerations.

• thanks a lot for the feedback guys..I think the answer is to get some 200lb mono and rig that on my regular guns and just bring a spear rigged with 400lb when I'll be diving a wreck.

anyone have any insight on 200 lb vs 300 lb? i know one holds 100lbs more...duh.....any other thoughts or considerations?

my thinking goes like this..

it is better to keep as much strength as possible while getting as much reduction as possible- ie go to 300 cos it is the best compromise

OR

if I am giving up the strength of 400, i should go as thin as possible to maximize the lighter line and go as light as possible while keeping basic strength- ie go to 200lb

Dan, this is a derail of this thread..sorry...will you move this to a new thread called " slow and steady vs fast and light-matching shafts and mono...":D if it is not too much trouble

i like to spear fish