Painting PVC

• Why not use black abs pipe, it comes in the same dia. as pvc and it is black already. There is primer for pvc to use before painting, but I don't know the brand.

• how about gray ? you could use pvc conduit . i think i have seen black pvc in one of my suppliers catalogs ,i will see if i can find it
    phil

• ok im a plumber so i can put some imput on this pvc primer is one good choice but the pvc 40 is a dark grey color and the same thing with the electric pvc pipe is grey too but ligther now abs will be last choice but noa bad one os no strong as pvc but it may do the job .

Que viva la pesca :cuba:

• I'm making a frame for my dive board to spool the line on. I would've preferred to do it with the black PVC I posted, but since I already made the frame I thought I'd give the paint a go. After some research this is what I did.
    1. Fine sand the PVC.
    2. Wipe with M.E.K (methyl ethyl ketone). This is a component of PVC primer and is thought to give paint better adhesion to PVC.
    3. Spray paint with Rustoleum plastic paint. I'm not expecting miracles from this paint, but it will do for now at least for the purpose of taking pics of the rigged board.

Here's the result.

• can i use a body board as a dive board?? is made out foam any info is very welcome...;)

Que viva la pesca :cuba:

• I like this concept a lot. It eliminates the need for awkwardly stuffing the coiled or uncoiled floatline in the compartment.

Is the PVC tube a little overkill for the job? If one was riding the board over kelp or through rough waves could you get smacked in the lower jaw by the pipe? Could you accomplish the same thing by installing two T-shaped prongs on either side of the board?

Alex

• The problem is the point of attachment to the board. Notice that the base of the PVC frame is seated in a depression made for the little black eyelets, which were replaced by the PVC frame. This depression has screw holes that are molded inside the board, so there's no water intrusion. Anything that has height that would attach to that point, would have too much sideways leverage put on it when line is wrapped around it, and would probably bend and/or pull out the screws. The PVC frame stops that from happening. Otherwise you can drill new holes for a more solid base, if you can find something suitable. I've used the same design PVC frame on my boogie board and it was nice and rigid, so I just repeated it. It makes for another convenient handle to grab the board by.