Hello from down under

• Just a quick note to introduce myself .I live to Spear and Line fish but unfortunately have to work for a living I am a chef in a bowling club and we do about 200 to 600 meals a night depending on the time of year.
    I am organising a trip to the Great Barrier Reef in October so hopefully will have great photos to share:)

• Greetings and welcome! Man GBR is on my bucket list of spots to dive. Looking forward to the pics. Cheers.

• Sorry to rub it in but.... I'm going to The Great Barrier Reef tomorrow for a dive/fish...and than again on Tuesday!!

Geeze mate good to hear where are you going to be diving .We are going to be staying at Lucinda and diving from there I am towing my boat up we are going up the end of October and the first week of November.
    Hope you let me know how you go .

• where are you going to be diving

I just got back now... the weather was SH##T.. I don't like going into the reef when the weather is rough(or overcast) We baged out on coral trout(on line) and did manage a quick dive before I got too nervous (no fish on spear today)

I live in Townsville so I dive (line fish also) the reef's out from here. Slasher reefs, grub reef, centipede reef, Chicken reef. Google them and you will see. Going from lucinda is a good idea as the reef's are closer from there .. 20mile ish where it is 43mile to the closest reef from townsville. I will start a new thread shortley with some photos for thoes that are interested, I got 2x gopro from dan and i am working on a short vid will post when finished.

• Mate would really like to get together and have a beer when we come up and have a look at your Videos .and get some dive tips

• Yea, No probs mate. I'm no pro diver, There are tones of divers that have more experance and capabilities than me.I can't hold my breath for 3min or dive to 20m , I just love the reef... and sometimes get so taken in with the beautifull fish and coral gardens that I will swim straight past a nice coral trout to have my partner screaming through her snorkel " trout trout".

The main thing is safety don't go near the reef when the sun is too low in the sky or if it is overcast- you wont see the bommies and can run into them. Make sure you dive with someone.

• totally agree with the safety aspect of things mate I am diving about 30 to 40ft and my mate graham who is coming on the trip with me he dive around the 60ft .Have heard that the Cyclone did a lot of damage to the reef hope it hasn't affected the fishing ???