Is jiffy jeff an underestimated freediver or is henqueero a butt kisser?

• Quote from jfjf

Yeah I was yanking his chain, but also don't freedive or scuba dive quite that deep.

I say henqueero = :imgay:

• No.
    I researched charters, dive reports, video, and H&L friends. When I first learned of the MG and how great the fishing is over there. . .

• Well, with good vis and no current 90' is doable for me after a day or two of getting used to it. But it would be straight down and up. OK for mid water fish and much more difficult for bottom fish. Lets not discount the motivation factor of seeing the fish down there as that place is supposed to be loaded. Sounds like the place to employ the cordelero system. Regardless if jfjf can hunt in 90' then he's got my respect. But I'd like to see some confirmation before I believe it.

• I believe it. Him And Scott Turgeon go out regularly and hunt the deep stuff...

• Not for nothing , but a buddy of mine was in the area and on a whim decided to hit one of the tournaments. JFJF knew this guy was an out of towner and made sure he had what he needed to dive.

JFJF may be so far up Tony's ass he can check for cavities, but this little act of brotherhood goes along way in my book. Just felt compelled to say something.

• I remembered that jiffy posted something on the subject of his abilities before so I looked for it and found it. Looks like in his own words feediving past 60' is always very challenging and some days he can't do it. I'm not trying to take anything away from his abilities, I respect what he said as those are my depths. But it's a long shot from "cruising at 80'".

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=59444&page=5

• Dan, some days I can easily cruise eighty, especially after 2 days or so in the water... Its all about being comfortable and getting a rhythm going. When I was diving a tournament in La Paz last year, I dove 6 days straight. By the last day I was pulling dives that were over 2:30 min, and 90ft didn't seem deep any more. After not having been diving in a few months like now, there is no way I can do it...