Nov 16/2008 Ft Lauderdale conditions

• But it was flat and the water clear near the beach where it's usually most dirty. This makes me think that it's even clearer further out. The water also felt warm, maybe because it's so chilly today. Time to beach dive!

• We went out Saturday. Vis was nasty, maybe 10' vertical, and very hazy. Hector and Kris shot huge identical hogs. We also got some regular hogs and a hand full of bugs... Maybe they'll post a report.

• : Vizibility off Miami beach?
    I only hunt in the mornings off Hollywood Beach or so and had 25 ft vis this am in 60fsw. I have a knot tied every 10ft on my yak anchor line so that I know how deep a spot is when I drop anchor on reaching a good looking spot. I just count the knots going through my hand till I feel the anchor touch bottom and that way I know the depth. Of course next I let more anchor line out for correct anchoring. When I enter the water I can look and count the number of knots to get a good viz distance referance. I do the same knot thing on my FAD line to help me better judge distance in clear blue water.
    Hope this helps.
    hau

I got very cold today in the water. What 3mm suit would spearos suggest for me to buy for use in Miami?
    Gracias

seahunter49,
    Hope you have a speedy recovery. I hate foot injuries. Lots of risk of infection in the feet and slows down my mobalization.

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 4 times, last by hau ().

• hau, it's a conditions report thread from me without any diving that wasn't going anywhere anyways, can't really derail that.. So no worries :) If you want more opinions on an adequate wetsuit you may want to start another thread so that more people will see your question.