Changing the Aeris F10 battery

• So the battery in the Aeris F10 that I picked up through Jim's Dive Shop a couple years ago has finally crashed. I ordered my battery kit through Freedive Store and had one at my door just a couple days later for roughly $22 (including shipping).

On the back of the watch you will find that the battery cover has two small holes. By looking at them I figured one of those old wire clothes hanger would fit perfectly inside the small holes to give me the leverage needed to rotate the battery cover. I clipped the large portion of the wire hanger off and bent the two ends at 90 degrees and it fit into the two small holes just perfectly. If you end up smashing the ends when clipping and they don't fit into the holes you could easily grind them down on the driveway or use a small file as the wire hanger material is pretty soft.

I used my new battery cover removal tool to rotate the cover CLOCKWISE to unlock and remove it. After rotating it about a quarter inch I could tell that it was unlocked so I carefully used a paper clip to pop it off.

The battery kit comes with a battery (imagine that), a new o-ring that goes around the battery cover, and some o-ring sealant. After removing and replacing the old battery with the new one I popped off the old o-ring. I then greased up the new o-ring using only about a quarter of the provided sealant. Carefully put the new o-ring back on the battery cover and then using the wire hanger tool I re-attached the battery cover.

You will need to reset your time, day, month, and year with a battery replacement but I found that all of my previously set alarms remained the same, which was cool.

• thanks for the info! I think even I can manage those tools!:goodposting:

• I recently had to replace the battery of an Aeris F10 watch. I found that sideways pressure from my thumb on the specially contoured back plate, was enough to turn it and open the watch. To close it I did the same thing, but wasn't sure if I turned closed all the way. I then place the tip of a fish stringer (you can use any pointy object) in one of the holes of the back plate, and turned is as far is it could go. No special tool is necessary for this job.