Broward Beach Conditions

• uughh the water is gettin cold and the air is even colder!
    sorry in advance to all u cali/lousiana guys and olga in russia,, i know 72 degree water an 52 degree air may not seem like anything to cry about

meade solo today 10am
    ocean pretty flat as i paddled out and pretty choppy as i came back in (1:30ish)
    started at second reef and swam into the first then south along ledge.
    viz was pretty poor and it varied from spot to spot.
    skys looked pretty clear but somehow i was in the shade the majority of the day, fish were pretty active though. big schoools of spades, porkfish, grunt and margates moving around. i managed a couple hogs before the air inside my snorkel finally started to freeze and the seas picked up.
    hope everyone else out there is staying warm!

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• yeah just the swells,, viz was much better at the end of last week than it was yesterday which is weird,, but im sure with all these cool, rainless days ittle get better again soon

• 1100 am north of dania peir with scott
    it was cold as balls, but the viz was damn near perfect, at least earlier on. we could see fish in 30 feet of water lookin over the sides of the kayaks. pretty mellow sees on the way out some swellls but very little chop.. the wind really picked up and shifted after about 2 and a half hours though and some chop built up. didnt see much on the way from the second into the first,, zero macks lately which is a bummer i love macks there so fun to hunt and easy to clean.. any way i hit a section of ledge along the first that was super lively and missed a very nice hog.. definetly 25++ inches.. and it took my shakey hands so long to reload that he got away,, plus the first shot really spooked him.. besides that not too much a lot of 11-15 icnh hogs we ignored and the usual,, more margate and porgies out than usual. we crossed over the easternmonst point of the euro jacks and theere was a ton of life in there,, scott chased a decent hog around in them but to no avail.. i saw the biggest green sea turtle ive ever encountered over the second and it let me pet its head and stuff and didnt bug out at all just chilled there with a doofy expression on its face.. which was as cool as shootin any fish i think,,, and saw a lot of nurse sharks which is nice.
    stay warm everybody

• Sounds like a rewarding day. It happens sometimes like that on days that make you debate whether to go out or not, such as now because of the cold. Watch out for those sea turtles, I heard they can snap at your hand turning their head backwards.

• I saw a pretty mellow huge turtle on monday north of the inlet he had some healed up shell damage or growth on the rear left. He was walking around on the bottom like a dog. Maybe it was the same one.

Davie Peguero

• fishingdude---My surgeon will not let me spear or yak until Jan. 15.
    I get off work Friday at 8am and you are welcome to use one of my yaks if you are spearing close to me. I can meet you and you can use my yak and just call me when you get back.
    Let me know:)
    Hope this helps