Broward Beach Conditions

• I had some numbers I hadn't used for a while, so me, Scott, BentShaftGarret and 2 other very good young spearos worked Meade St. 2nd reef this morning. Me and another spearo limited out on hogs, for his pb spearin day
    Others did good also. Hope they log on and write.
    Had a great yak spearin day till about noon Then the vis started to drop and the N to South current started to rip.
    Had a great day in 25-40fsw.
    Thanks guys

• good job on the second, when i get done with my class i want to go out to the 3rd with you.

• LunkerBuster--3rd reef tops off Dania is aprox 45fsw.
    IMO the conditions have to be near perfect to be able to yak freedive spearfish there.
    I have paddled out there on a day that seems perfect with flat seas and cloudless skies only to find a rippin current on the 3rd:nono:
    I also do not want to get caught out on the 3rd when a summer storm comes out of the West heading East :0

• LunkerBuster--3rd reef tops off Dania is aprox 45fsw.
    IMO the conditions have to be near perfect to be able to yak freedive spearfish there.
    I have paddled out there on a day that seems perfect with flat seas and cloudless skies only to find a rippin current on the 3rd:nono:
    I also do not want to get caught out on the 3rd when a summer storm comes out of the West heading East :0

this is a very good point. maybe we'll have to look for passage on a motor boat to really work the third....after getting out the last two weeks I can feel my lungs coming back to me so I should be good to hunt in the 40's anytime:thumbsup2: doesn't mean i'll catch anything :)

i like to spear fish

Edited 2 times, last by LunkerBuster ().

• At Meade St. today
    begin at 830---------------end at 5pm
    wind from SE at 5mph----same
    water temp. 89F
    current from the N at 3 1/2mph---from N at 1/2mph
    viz 40f in 30fsw----------15f in 15fsw
    seas flat-------------------choppy
    air temp 88F PC----------94F PC

me and scott went to Meade St 2nd reef for an hour but were afraid to let go of our yaks:nono:
    The North to South current was so strong that we had to give up and go back in to the 1st reef:(
    I lucked out and found a nice hog and 3 smaller hogs and a jack.
    Not many fish for so long in the water so I guess it is time to go somewhere else tomorrow morning

• At Meade St today
    begin at 930---------------end at 5pm
    wind from SE at 5mph----from SE at 10mph
    water temp 89F
    current from N at 1mph--from S at 1 1/2mph
    viz 50f in 25fsw-----------20f in 20fsw
    seas flat--------------------2-3f
    air temp 85F PC-----------92F PC

Me and ismail tried to go off Vista, but they had BOTH parking lots closed for blacktop resurfacing:(
    Fishingdude came out later and joined us:thumbsup2:
    Again today the viz quit at noon:(
    everybody got fish today but nothing big.
    I yelled and yelled for ismail. He swam over and asked what was wrong and I said---"dive down there and shoot that hog fish I'm pointing my gun at" He dropped down and resurfaced yelling and grinning:thumbsup2:

• At MEADE St today, #106
    begin at 830am-----------------end at 430pm
    wind from SE at 10mph--------E at 17mph
    water temp 89F
    current from N at 1mph-------from S at 2 1/2 mph
    viz 50f in 22fsw----------------22f in 22fsw
    seas 2ft-------------------------3-4 and building
    air temp 84F PC---------------90F cloudy

Out solo today. Seas were rough and fish were few
    Lucked out and got 2 hogs, 18in and 20in. Missed a nice mac and missed several schoolmasters.
    The weather was better than I thought was gonna be.
    Had a nice day in the water:thumbsup2:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• sdeisen88---sorry about you and ismails bad luck.:(
    Sounds like you should have come over and yak surfed at my place this morning with me. Waves were breakin 100yds off shore [low tide] so even the LG didn't care:cool2:

Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• nice, that sounds like a much better time, lol. and egh, it was better than work at least.
    itll be nice when these offshore storms pass and we get some mellow calm days..
    and thats sayin somethin when even the lgs dont rap at you

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

Edited 2 times, last by sdeisen ().

• Off Dania 8-21-9 and went to the 2nd reef. Viz was 20f in 25fsw so I came in to the 1st reef. There the viz was 18f in 18fsw and I managed a couple small reef fish. Seas were calm, skys good, wind low and next to no current. Too bad the viz sucked.
    Maybe 8-22 will be better viz

• I got called in to work last night so I got 2 hours of sleep yesterday so I'm not going today BUT
    the seas are flat with very little if any wind right now out my window at the beach.
    Today looks to be a perfect yak spearin day here in Hollywood. Hope the viz has improved from yesterday:thumbsup2:

Good luck to all

• i read today that most of the affects of the hurricane would hit no further south than palm beach because the bahamas will block that ocean activity in south florida, although it seems were bound to feel something

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Meade St.; STAKEOUT OPERATION SUCCESSFUL
    On Meade St solo today
    begin at 8am---------------------end at 430pm
    wind from East at 5mph--------from SE at 15mph
    water temp 88F
    current from S at 1/2mph------from S at 1mph
    viz 40f in 30fsw-----------------22f in 22fsw
    seas flat-------------------------2f
    air temp 85F PC----------------94F PC

:thumbsup2: Police Dept pulled off a successful stakeout operation today in the parking lot on Meade S :thumbsup2:
    Almost everyother day a vehicle parked at Meade St has been broken into.
    Today the Police had a stake out and caught the 2 thieves RED HANDED trying to break into Dinos truck:hooray:

I was out at the 2nd reef solo and shot a bag of reef fish and had a great day :attack2: :fish:
    My day got better as I was coming in to shore when 4-5 cute little kids came running to meet me. [Scott and Dinos kids :D]
    Then things got better when we went up to the street and found the police everywhere and the 2 thieves in cuffs :thumbsup2:

Today was a very good day :D

sdeisen----next time you see my truck at a beach, text or call me. I will reply and let you know where I am out there if you want to join me :toast:

Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().