wind from S at less than 5mph-------from E at 15mph
    water temp 88F
    current from S at 1mph---------------from S at 1/2mph
    viz 40f in 30fsw------------------------25f in 25fsw
    seas flat--------------------------------less than 2f
    air temp 80F PC-----------------------92F stormy

at Meade st. solo today
    the sea was so flat I paddled around looking for spots from 830 til 1030
    found a good looking spot, jumped in and shot 3 macs, 3 dogs, 3 jacks and 1 mutton. No size to any and not really good hog country.
    viz went to crap and another storm came my way so I gave up for the day at noon
    It has been raining ever since.:(

• at Meade st today
    begin at 9am------------------end at noon
    wind from SW at less than 5--From S at 20mph
    water temp 88
    current from W at 1/2-------from S at 1/2
    viz 35f in 30fsw--------------20f in 18fsw
    seas flat----------------------2f
    air temp 82F PC-------------86F storming

me, scott and LunkerBuster at Meade St. for a short time
    I was surprised that everyone got hogs
    we had to quit early, but still got caught in a lightening storm:0
    Hope LunkerBuster posts his stories

• I went to Meade St today at 830am, waited around for some friends to show. Then paddled out to the first reef to check out the viz. Jumped in with my mask, viz was 30+ with minimal current. Just made it back in and loaded up on the truck again when another storm came in :(
    Maybe tomorrow will be better :)
    ______

• In the summer it rains many afternoons. Also maybe the storms out at sea is bringing in some bad weather also.
    This is NOT the kind of weather to try to yak out to the 3rd:(
    I have a compass mounted on my yak just in case I get caught in a storm and cannot see the shore to know which way to paddle in ;)

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• I knew that there was some reason to mount a compass on my yak. Someone made fun of me once saying "where are you planning on going with that thing, Bahamas?" Truthfully at the time I wasn't aware of the situation you just described hau. I have since been caught out there swimming in a thunderstorm not being able to see 100ft ahead of me. All I could do was make sure I stayed over the reef and wait it out. At least these afternoon storms don't last very long.

• Right now [815am 9-6-9] is NOT a good day to yak freedive here in Hollywood:(
    There is 100% cloud cover
    white caps out as far as you can see
    I do NOT see the first boat out on the water
    maybe it will get better later today
    hope this helps
    ___

• yeah today didnt get too much better than when hau posted.. didnt bother headin out till 1030ish viz wasnt the worst but def. wasnt good,, the current made swimming anyway other than south pretty pointless.. drifted from meade down past the big pink buildings, got a couple decent hogs,, 14+ inch.. chased a beast snapper..(maybe mutton) for longer than i should have. praying to the ocean gods for a nicer day tomrow

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• hell yeah, good times guys.
    went to dinner at my parents house and cooked them my hog from today and one from friday...they approved:)

there was a really irritating layer about 7-10 ft deep that made spotting fish from the surface pretty hard...that was the only problem.. the vis was good on the bottom 20 ft though and there really are some very beautiful spots out on that reef.

I can only imagine how incredible it was 50 yrs ago

i like to spear fish

• yeah i agree, especially the way some of the coral heads mounded up and had little trenches and ravines running through it,, on a crystal clear day i bet theres a lot to be found there. I made ceviche out of my hog it was tasty,, and wiill be tomorow too

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• ;)At Meade St. today
    begin at 930am-------------------end at 1230
    wind from NE at 8mph-----------from E at 15mph
    water temp 88F
    current N to S at 2mph----------from N to S at 1/2mph
    viz 30f in 30fsw------------------25f in 25fsw
    seas almost flat------------------less than 2f
    air temp 86F PC---------------- 90F PC

me, LunkerBuster, Moving Target and sdeisen88 at Meade st today :attack2: :fish:
    the vis was brownish as soon as we got in and we had a N to S current, so I'm thinking the poor viz was from the intercoastal dumping out and coming down south like seaweed said.
    we all managed to get fish. I got 2 18in hogs, 1 20in mac and 6 other reef fish. Moving Target said he got his PB Mutton today :)
    we got buzzed by a big 30+ cabin cruiser towing a bun. They were so close and fast and threw up such a big wake that we all had to fast turn our yaks into the wake to keep from getting swamped. We lost no gear. :cone1:
    we saw very few fish today but all had a good time for just a 1/2 day :D

Might have to start going back to deeper water :rolleyes1:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 4 times, last by hau ().