South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 830am--------end at 3pm
    wind from N at 8mph---NE at 19mph
    current N to S at 1mph --same
    viz 35f in 30fsw-----30f in 30fsw
    seas less than 2f----seas 4f and building
    water temp 74F
    72F cloudless--82F 80% clouds

I got off work this morning and the sea was less than 2f and even had some color.:@ By 8am I was shoving off the beach. As I kept paddling out further and further I couldn't believe I could still see the bottom til I got to 35fsw. My anchor hit bottom and played out 100f of road pretty fast to the south, but I didn't care how much current there was, I was FINALLY back in the water. I was ready to do a drift dive to Key Biscayne. I would have stayed longer if I had been seeing more fish.
    Saw 2 smallish turtles that swam up to check me out. In 6 hours in the water I only saw an shot 3 macs and 1 hog, but at least I FINALLY had fish to take back to trade.
    Hope others got out today also.

• 12-23-11__#85-2011m1
    begin at 730am--------end at noon
    wind from SSE at 8mph---E at 11mph
    current N to S at 1mph --same
    viz 18f in 20fsw-----25f in 25fsw
    seas less than 2f----same
    water temp 74F
    75F raining--79F 15% clouds

Today was a hard decision to go or not as it was raining when I shoved off from the beach, but an hour later the clouds started to break up and the sunshine even increased the viz as the day went on. I saw few boats today and few fish but did manage 2 hogs and 1 32in mac. I only dove the first reef cause of the poor viz. Saw 4 moon jellies and no man-0-war all day today.
    One of the best parts of the day was the number of beach buns littering the beach as I returned to shore. :thumbsup2:
    Hope others got out today

• 12-24-11__#86-2011d2
    begin at 830am--------end at 1130
    wind from E at 7mph---E at 10mph
    current N to S at 1/2mph --zero current
    viz 25f in 25fsw-----same
    water temp 74F
    74F 50% clouds--80F 25% clouds

The moons are back. I went out to the second reef to look for fish and only got 1 hog and 2 macs. I saw a nice mutton but he was not going to give me any chance to loose a spear :(
    Today was another great yak freedive spearfishing day off Broward. :D
    What a perfect way to spend Christmas eve.
    Hope others got out.

• Hau glad you found fish I was everywhere from vista to boca today and jellyfish were everywhere. I found less in 55 fsw but couldn't dive it due to some congestion. I saw lots of small black grouper and a couple big mangroves today. 2 of us managed to get 9 bugs but due to wishbone failure I wasn't able to hunt.

• late report for; 12-26-11__#87-2011d2
    begin at 9am--------end at 1130
    wind from SE at 6mph---SE at 9mph
    current S to N at 1/2mph --same
    viz 25f in 25fsw-----same
    water temp 74F
    72F 15% clouds--78F 50% clouds

I got to meet 3 new spearos for the first time today. I was spearin a long way off from them an didn't know their problems. I saw no shootable fish and there were tons of jellies out there and even some man-o-war washed up on the beach.

• 12-29-11__#88-2011kw1
    Off Key West today
    begin at 10am--------end at 2pm
    wind from W at 6mph---same
    current S to N at 1mph --same
    viz 30f in 25fsw-----same
    water temp 75F
    68F 25% clouds--78F 10% clouds

Put in a little further south this morning :rolleyes1:
    I was just doin a little intel gathering today for later reference and not really spearin. But I did stumble on an area that held a couple Keys hogs ;)
    All in all had a great day and was very glad to be back in the Keys spearin after being gone so long. Thank you my brothers in the KW :toast2:

• 12-30-11__#89-2011m1
    begin at 11am--------end at 4pm
    wind from E at 5mph---same
    viz 22f in 22fsw-----same
    seas almost flat----same
    water temp 75F
    62F cloudless--75F cloudless

We got a late start today, but everything fell into place perfectly with flat seas, blue sky, low wind an current an NOT ONE JELLYFISH. Only negative was that the viz was low and so was the fish count. We saw no other spearos all day. :confused1:
    We only got 3 hogs but the lady with me had a great time yakin an freediving
    Hope others got out an enjoyed todays conditions also.

• Got out this morning a little late with HWD. Saw hau on the way out and talked to him for 5 minutes but he had to go in. The water was flat as a lake and visibility was awesome on the first ledge/reef. We stayed around the first ledge most of the time and I shot a 13 inch Trigger fish and a 12 inch mangrove snapper. We started to come in and decided to stop at the Boulders out of Perry st. I stayed on the kayak and followed HWD around while he was water. He called me over and he speared a fat 18 inch mangrove snapper. The conditions were perfect. Hope to get out again tomorrow. :thumbsup2:

• 12-31-11__#90-2011m2
    begin at 730am--------end at 11am
    wind from E at 5mph---same
    viz 30f in 25fsw-----same
    seas almost flat----same
    water temp 75F
    66F cloudless--78F cloudless

Was in the water nice an early today. Sea was FLAT FLAT all day.
    No jellies until 10am. Very few fish today with tons of fishing boats in my area. Lots of beach buns on the beach.
    Was good to see Alex1 and friend out there again today.
    I only got 2 hogs and one dog all day but it was a perfect winter yak freediving spearfishin day off Broward.