Laguna Beach Lobster diving and spearfishing - many reports

• Since I dive 2-3 days a week I don't want to overload the CA section so I have decided to put all my average reports on this thread. However, anything special like PBs will be posted in their own thread. Also, please no one else post your reports on this thread.

Here is 1 pic per trip from trips I have not made reports for this year;

• what a night!!! Ugh(bugs) and Hurray(we made it back alive)!

While paddleing through the kelp we spotted a 15lb wsb slowly moving on the surface.
    Also, Daniel and i both saw a 20-25lb sheephead in a crevice, but I saw it first and it was only 3ft away, but daniel saw it deeper in the crevice.

it got pretty hairy out there 1/2 mile out with fog so thick you could only see 100ft. We were . Luckily we could follow the lights of shore since the swell was so small w couldn't tell which way was in.

62-64* water, 10-20ft vis, some very big nurse sharks asleep in holes, NO CRAWL!!! All legal bugs were in holes. Some big ones too. Also, no moon so lobsters were very scared of the light.

Tally of the dive;
    Daniel; 1 bug, 6 scallops
    Me; 3 bugs

I traded 2 bugs for the 6 scallops. Daniel released the smallest one which was a female.

• that sucks... thursday is gonna be rough, friday may calm down... I'll have to see how the bouys are... I don't mind a rough dive, it usually is better for the crawl, but its up to you.

• Date: 10/6/11 North Laguna
    Time: 7-10pm
    Temperature air/water: 65/62
    Visibility: 3-5ft, hazy 8-10ft over solid reef.
    Fish Seen: 2 cabezon both 3-5lbs!!! WHY of WHy did I not bring my knife with me!!!
    Surge: HEAVY!!! cover the whole reef in one surge!!!:laughing3::crazy:
    Swell: 2-4ft with 5-6ft sets.

Me 7 healthy bugs to 3/4" over legal with 3 being tasty 2lb bugs. 12lbs of bugs total. Daniel Managed 5 as well and a very nice bug at 2.5-3lbs. I got most of my bugs in the surge in 2-6ft of water. Daniel worked the caves out deeper. So far Daniel and I comdined have taken 39 bugs from this spot and many more are still being seen!!! Although this spot does not kick out big bugs like Daniels main big bug spot it sure does kick out easy limits like nothing else!:thumbsup2: well... not exactly easy.:D

Don Paul; once it calms down its time I put you on some laguna bugs.

No hold out job this time around;

• Pulverized; WSB, Halibut, Greenling, Scallops. Cooked with green, yellow, purple onions, and red/green bell peppers. Mixed in Mayo, sesame/olive oil, salt, and Some red hot sauce. Chilled in frigerator.

Stuff lobster meat with fish mixture, rap in bacon and cook on BBQ!!! YUMMY!!!

• Pulverized; WSB, Halibut, Greenling, Scallops. Cooked with green, yellow, purple onions, and red/green bell peppers. Mixed in Mayo, sesame/olive oil, salt, and Some red hot sauce. Chilled in frigerator.

Stuff lobster meat with fish mixture, rap in bacon and cook on BBQ!!! YUMMY!!!

http://www.freedivingspearfish…ery/data/500/P1020175.JPG

holy cow that looks amazing

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Its best with larger tails because you can stuff them with more stuff and since the bacon cooks slow, the meat will cook about the same rate and you can really hold in a ton of Juices.

The top tail is from a 4lber.