• Hello:

My name is Bruce Osterberg and I have Been an Avid diver for 44 Years. Spearfishing in Vietnam, Guam, Hawaii, but really never in the USA. I now live in Bonita Springs, Florida, and Have enrolled in a FII course to increase my freediving Skills. So on the 17/18 March I will take the No SCUBA Plunge to get started. BruceO

• Excellent. Please do. Let us know your max breath holds before and how much Jon's teaching helps it, etc. Be as lengthy and detailed as you like, brother.

I'm on a job down here at Homestead, FL and wanted/had the chance to take the FII 1 this weekend, but I'm so not trained up (O2/CO2 tables) right now. I brought my gear and I'm doing tables again at the room, so I'll get some fun in before the wife and I return home to Tallahassee. I'll pick up some more gear while here, too. I hope to be down here for a couple months and it won't be the last time, either. I dig what yall got down here and see why you live here. Nice!

• Hello Ivan and Jose.

Yes I'll let you guys know the outcome of the course. I am really stoked about it and Ready to learn whatever is taught. After that, it's hitting the water and putting this course to good use. If all is Well it will be level two in the Fall. Homestead should have great Diving Ivan, so take advantage while your there Buddy..Bruce:D

• Well as Promised I took the Freediving Course this weekend from Freediving Instructors International at their location in Jupiter Florida. Fantastic Instructor, Jonathan Dickinson, and assisted by Rob Little on the Ocean Dive.

First of all their were divers of all ages there with quite a varying Skill Set, and everyone had something to bring to the Table. The Theory was followed by a pool skill test, and in a few short Hours we we taught the correct way of Breathing, which in a Total time of less than 20 minutes, increased my breath hold to 3 minutes during that portion of Practice. Next day was the Ocean out by Jupiter, Florida.

We went out on the Blue Tang, operated by Scuba Works in Jupiter Florida, (great Folks by the way), and we left the Dock around 8:30 AM and Arrived at out diving Spot around 45 Minutes Later. A float was on the surface and a Weight was attached to a Rope 66' below the surface and Marked at various Depths down to the weight at 66 Feet. After three Progressive Dives to these Various Depts, I made my first dive to 66' by pulling my self downs the rope to the Weight Below. Again after a short Pause to practice safety skills we than made a 66' free dive by Swimming Down, and Not Pulling down. IT WAS Fantastic!!.

But the Most important skill was not the breath hold, or the Deep dive. But it taught me how and why to be a good Dive Buddy to anyone that is Freediving. And to know the signs and Symptoms of another Diver in Trouble, and to assist him/her in any way Possible

A Fantastic Course and Hats off to Martin Stepanek for developing this course which will make me a better speardiving Buddy to anyone I go Diving With.

Bruce

• :clap: Thanks for the good review, Bruce... and prompt! :thumbsup5: You're right, too. You're a better dive buddy for it. What was your breath-hold before the class?

• Well Ivan, it was no Better than 75 seconds, but after 3 tries, Just three, it was 3 minutes, with no discomfort. Amazing what you can get your body to do with proper training. Bruce