Panama Spearfishing

• Well for my parents 25th wedding anniversary, they are taking off to Bocas del Toro and getting a sweet house on a private island. My dad will be bringing my breakdown pole spear along with his basic dive gear and would like to tag a snapper or other fish for some dinner.

Any tips/regs regarding spearfishing the east coast of Panama?

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• It's your basic caribbean reef diving. Not as fishy as the pacific coast, but still plenty to go around. Water tends to be warmer also.

• There are several local fishing outfits down there (in Boca del Toro) that will take you out, just have to ask. Tell them to make sure their trip is planned outside of any Catholic holiday/celebration. The islands get SLAMMED with the locals during those holidays down there.

Shoot em when you see em.

• Oh and one more thing which I'm sure they're doing but it's worth mentioning. Make sure they are flying into Panama City and then jumping on another flight to Bocas del Toro or at least into Changuinola. The 10 hr+ bus ride from Panama City to Bocas del Toro is BRUTAL, but interesting :D

Shoot em when you see em.

• Never been to Panama but I have fished the pacific side of Costa Rica and the fishing was great! I hear the gulf side is really good too. Good luck and have fun.

• Oh and one more thing which I'm sure they're doing but it's worth mentioning. Make sure they are flying into Panama City and then jumping on another flight to Bocas del Toro or at least into Changuinola. The 10 hr+ bus ride from Panama City to Bocas del Toro is BRUTAL, but interesting :D

Yea, my parents are flying into Panama City then catching the puddle jumper into Bocas a few days later.

My parents are getting amped on the trip. Hopefully my dad doesn't try to take my C100s... He has been eyeing them like crazy...

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT