First ET build 56"

• Thanks guys, the handle looks to be composite fiber blend they're pretty heavy too. I didn't recess it deeper since the blank is only 1.6" height and the top plate of the handle is pretty thick itself

• Thanks guys, the handle looks to be composite fiber blend they're pretty heavy too. I didn't recess it deeper since the blank is only 1.6" height and the top plate of the handle is pretty thick itself

Its just nice to get the handle more in-line with the band pull. You can always change it later if it kicks up at all.

C

• Pretty much echo'ing everyone else's comments - I like the look & only picky thing is the handle recess. Unfortunately that handle does have the thickest plate of the production models available. Beefy, but hard to implement on low profile guns.

The mistake isn't that bad... and I kinda like it. Makes it more personal. :)

• There's something I'm not clear on. The base plate of the handle is thick, that's a good thing. When you say there's no room to recess it, why is that? The only thing I can envision it running into is the bottom of the mech. Is that the case? If so maybe you can put the handle on a belt sander and take some thickness off the base plate. Although looking at the pic I don't think you can take off enough to make it flush without considerably weakening it. I would then also try grinding off some of the bottom of the mech housing. Between the two adjustments it should recess fine.

What is the height of that neptonics mech?

• There's something I'm not clear on. The base plate of the handle is thick, that's a good thing. When you say there's no room to recess it, why is that? The only thing I can envision it running into is the bottom of the mech. Is that the case? If so maybe you can put the handle on a belt sander and take some thickness off the base plate. Although looking at the pic I don't think you can take off enough to make it flush without considerably weakening it. I would then also try grinding off some of the bottom of the mech housing. Between the two adjustments it should recess fine.

What is the height of that neptonics mech?

Actual housing is 1" but the spring and sear need another 1/4" clearence

• Thanks guy for the words, dont really think of it as a mistake on such a low profile gun, I like to leave a small 'shelf' between the trigger mech and handle, if I were to recess it anymore the mech pocket would have to be routed all the way through leaving the only support of the front and rear of the mech sustained by the sides ( which are on the thin side also) only other option would be to shave down the handle

• So it looks like the handle is recessed into the blank 1/8" and it still protrudes an 1/8"? If that's correct then it's just a gigantic handle. I wouldn't say its a mistake, the lines might not be as clean but if you wanted a sleek/slim gun then that's the price you pay. It's a tool not a piece of artwork, as long as it takes fish then it's doing the job it was designed for. Great work!

• The gun I built last summer has the trigger mech pocket cut all the way through.and it has held up fine. There arent many, if any, forces up and down on the mech. Almost all of the forces are focused on either the pins or the front wall of the pocket. As long as those two elements are solid you wont have a problem.

I think it looks fine. NIce work and Im really interested to see how the automotive clear holds up.

• The gun I built last summer has the trigger mech pocket cut all the way through.and it has held up fine. There arent many, if any, forces up and down on the mech. Almost all of the forces are focused on either the pins or the front wall of the pocket. As long as those two elements are solid you wont have a problem.

I think it looks fine. NIce work and Im really interested to see how the automotive clear holds up.

Thanks, the clear should hold up fine, I've been painting boats with it for a few years as well as some other manufactures like Renegade, Motion etc... My last boat would stay in the water 2 weeks at a time and never had a problem