What´s your favorite speargun length?

• I knew he´ll someday see the light :)

he says that he got a chance to reef diving after loosing some big tuna that ripped off. He had no short speargun, and Sebastian lent him his own gun with rotten bands and all, he entered the cave while he wwas washed away with heavy surf, and those lil minnows were obstructing his sight. He had the speargun on the right and the cable on the left, he suddenly saw the enourmous head and let fly and the fight was on. They struggled for a lil while, and he then went for air, excerting pressure with the cable and clipped a bungy to a bouy to fight the big dweller of the dark, the stout bungy gave up for a min, since the cubera was trying to get to another cave, and then he pulled the bungy to avoid it. The bungy he said, makes all the work, cause it never releases the pressure on the pargo, so he needs to get out of the cave. That´s a great tip by the way!!

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I think the question really depends on where you are hunting. I'm in an area where we can commonly see dogtooth tuna on a shore dive so for its not uncommon to take a 140, so my two weapons are a 120 and a 140. Just depends on where and the vis that day.

• yea they'll take down some of the big perros (dogs).

• 115cm seac with tovarich kit is probably one of the most powerful guns i have shot. The speed of the shaft is insane!

Easily more powerful than any 120cm railgun. I have a mako 120cm to compare it too. When i fire that gun with 16mm short bands, the shaft is so slow when comparing especially when it reaches to 18ft.

I like my Denton because i don't have to replace any more shafts! The 7.5mm Rob Allen shafts are tough as hell. I am still using the same spear for a year and i have shot Cobia, Cubera,Kings, AJ and Grouper. Shaft is perfectly straight.

Davie is my witness! :D

• You know guys, there´s a spearfishing myth around, that some commercial (freedivers) use short spearguns with no barbs on them for holed up fish and even Fuertes, if they don´t get the stone shot, the shaft just comes out. As unhetical tha it may sound it makes sense if you don´t have decent terminal gear.

I know of bluewater divers who rig like that for "kill shot" guns. If the fish is reasonably secure with the initial shot, they use the barbless shaft to try and stone the fish. If the fish isn't stoned, they can pull the shaft out and try again. For bigger fish, stoning it makes handling on the surface 10x easier.

In the Mediterranean as well as Baja, some divers use the same setup for holed up groupers or pargo - a "tenderizer" gun. Like handling a big pelagic, a dead grouper/pargo is 10x easier to extract. Sometimes it makes little difference... Sometimes it could save you well over an hour & potential safety risks.

As for the scenario you describe - as you mention, there can be arguments for both sides....

• did you replace the stock mako shaft? if so did you think it was crap?

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• did you replace the stock mako shaft? if so did you think it was crap?

Mako shaft is Rob Allen with pins. It's a very good shaft.

I was referring to the shafts i replaced with the pneumatic. Ray Odor butter shafts.

• yeah its really cool, especially how the boats are so well blended with the wwaves,, gives it one collective sort of feel to it,, glad its back

dan did you input about gun size? what size are your wood guns?

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!