Grouper breaking stock spear on cressi geronimo elite

• This is me shooting a grouper and the grouper breaking the spear in 2(stock spear on cressi geronimo elite).. You will hear the SNAP noise followed by me saying "Oh F*%K"... Luckily my dive buddy was there watching it all and he got my back and landed the fish. Here is the video

Filmed with gopro (mako flat lens)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56shkFOfWmw

• your telling me that grouper actually snapped the spear in 2? or did it break the shooting line? if it broke where did it snap?

• Jonathan,
    I know where you can get some better shafts. Used to be a company called Pursuit but they changed the name. haha
    I can loan you one if it fits your gun until Dan ships you some.

Anyway, you won't be going out for the next couple days. Windy as hell right now. The sea is ugly.

Edited once, last by hank ().

• Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses.
    Japsw- Yes the grouper broke the spear it self not the shooting line (will look for it to take a pic)
    Dan- you were right it broke at the notch... on the resting (first) notch actually
    Hank- ill give you a call about a spare spear ive got your number
    Everyone else- Thanks

Obviously in the market for a new spear. Will try some of dans this time around but have to wait for a friend in the states to mail my debit card down before I can do anything... Online at least!

Cheers,
    Jonathan

• crazy stuff :@ please post a pic of that shaft

• Nice fish! I've seen several broken Cressi shafts. They break at the notches and where the flopper is pinned. Great spearguns, but they could work on the quality of their shafts. Cressi may give you a replacement shaft. I'd send them the video and an email