• Spearalina and I went out yesterday and today for bugs. Did not get any but got a nice flounder yesterday and a moose today. Anyone else notice them becoming prevalent in this area or did we just get super lucky?

• Ha, moose is a descriptive term for something large. I guess it's a more common term up north than down here.
    Both fish were in 15'-20' and we saw another about nine months ago at similar depth.

• Both were out in the sand, camoflagued about as well as a rock fish. From 15' and closer their shape was clear but not obvious at first.

• What is the legal size?
    I have heard that there is a species that will make you sick?
    Any way to tell while they are sanded?

I see them all the time and don't shoot them cos I don't know enough

Also, how do you brain them?
    Clean them?
    Cook them?

How I am a stack of ignorance here

i like to spear fish

• If you notice the line that is above the gill plate towards the fishes mouth (about an inch in front of the blade tip in the photo). Put your knife at the beginning of the line and press in and chop down. You'll hear a crunch if you're in the right spot. This kills the fish as well as bleeds it. Also you can poke the fish down by it's tail on the line to bleed it the rest of the way. This is how sushi grade flounder is prepared by commercial fisherman. Oh yeah both cuts/pokes are done on the bottom side of the fish.

• Judah I believe its 12". I was able to catch one by putting my hand in front of him and spooking him enough that he would move on top of my hand which made it easy enough to grab him. The second one I just stabbed with my knife. They are about as skittish as lionfish...