Anyone ever go shrimping?

• I used to catch shrimp in the keys. Those are some monster jumbo shrimp there. Me and my dad would catch 5 gallons in about 3 hours with just a dip net, cast net is too tiring. We would let the small ones go and just catch big boys that were seriously BIG.

Davie Peguero

• I used to go out with my fried Eric at night and catch a shit pile of shrimp under the bridges in Key Biscayne. You need good lights and proper equipment. Fun stuff, brings back good memories. The shrimp enchilados we would have the following day was epic.

The feeding feast would produce the largest grogan the following morning.:D

• resurrecting this thread :::

I was paddleboarding by the venetian causeway a few weeks ago as a guy was setting up to catch shrimp, he said.

I asked a few questions and basically got that you time it so there is a big tidal swing (full or new moon) and hit an out going tide and use a big net??

he had a light but i couldn't figure out if he used that to draw in the shrimp or just to see them?

anyone have any tips? anyone want to go out and do this one night to show me how it's done? I'll bring a 12er

I figure it is a good source of cheap food and at least free bait

so what do I need? i have some underhull lights i haven't used that i can make into a submersible light easily. a dip net? how big?

thanks guys

i like to spear fish

• I see the shrimpers out from my apartment... theres a certain time of year where there all out there...and its like a nascar derby... all doing the same circle right by the bridge like 10-15 boats.. with people on shore with all the lights and gear. i hear from some friends that go that its a huge battle everyones yelling at each other boat get to close to cast lines and ppl start throwing rocks... a real battle shrimp royal:D

• It's a little late in the year to really do any shrimping, the lights are to spot them. From shore the best thing to use is a dip net with a 31 series battery to power your light, they push through on outgoing tide.

• the lights are to spot them. From shore the best thing to use is a dip net with a 31 series battery to power your light, they push through on outgoing tide.

You guys work too hard at this. In Belize we just grow them in ponds. :D