Local Neoprene Tailor

• I'm trying to get some stuff sewn on to my neoprene vest; a pouch and knife holder. But I want it to be professional. Does anyone know a good seamstress/tailor in the area that can do this?

This vest specifically:

Jim

• Jim, that's the one I was telling you about for the pieces. When you go let me know, I may join you. But I think any tailor will do this, it's just a matter of using the right thread, one that won't rot. I like nylon carpet thread for projects like that.

With that said keep a couple of things in mind because I've done what you want to do before. If you want it to look professional ask for a trim around the patch/pocket. If you don't do this you might as well not mess around with stitching and glue the thing on because it's going to look like a patch job and nothing more. Putting a trim on it will cost you more though.

I would avoid the stitching and glue it on. The stitching obviously puts holes in the wetsuit and will make it weaker along that line if you ever decide you don't like the pocket and take it off. With the glue you can take it off by force and there will be no damage to the suit other than the glue residue. If you decide you like it you can always add the stitching later.

• The reason I want to try this is because it's just a vest. If it has holes, no biggie.

I can wear it in the winter over my suit, or over a rash guard in the summer. Plus, we've been talking a lot about getting the knife off the leg anyway. I'll get a hold of you before I go over there, maybe Wednesday.

Jim

• The reason I want to try this is because it's just a vest. If it has holes, no biggie.

I can wear it in the winter over my suit, or over a rash guard in the summer. Plus, we've been talking a lot about getting the knife off the leg anyway. I'll get a hold of you before I go over there, maybe Wednesday.

Jim

There is a place on hallandale next to Scarletts strip joint. They can do it for you.