Excess Gear? Want to get rid off?

• Well since i'm trying to get back to spearfishing after joining the army. I make the horrible mistake of selling all my gear. Looking to get my hand in some nice gear. I got 2 cammo wetsuits i will be selling laterif they dont fit me. Not sure yet. If you have any Fins, Guns,Floats, Floatlines, knives, that are in good conditions please post pictures or send a PM. I cant wait to get all my gear back before the summer so i can get in the water.:).

• Also. If you have any type of recomendation about gear. please post. i'm open for opinions. See i have always used wood guns. But willing to try something like rob allen ones. same with floatlines. willing to try reels. So share your knowledge without making it an argument. just post expertise and keep it clean. i know by now that most of you have lots of knowledge but with spearfishing changing so much in the last 10 years. i will love to read about the opinion on gear i might dont know about or just dont have to much experience with. Starting with Guns, and Fins if possible.

• Get a Riffe comp 3 gun :D That´s my best advice ever. A riffe mantis mask and Fins. Top notch stuff, you may choose the AQA masks models, which are the same and better priced, same thing with spetton fins.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I have used Riffe for the last 6 years i beleive. C3x with 100' Floatline and riffe float. Also OMER wetsuits one 5 mm cammo. and a 3mm green cammo that was made by mistake from omer. That is one of the few they made about 4-5 years ago with a 3mm material that got to them by mistake. I'm thinking of buying another suit but first will love to concentrate in a gun and float/floatline I also used a Riffe Baja for a long time for Deep waters/Blue Waters. Good gun but way to heavy for my taste. I saw one of damn Deathsticks they look awesome, and people that own them say good thing about it. A little to expensive for me but still in the search. And i might get one of the knives that someone found in Home Depot. Dont know if they rust fast but i can check, they are cheap.

• Cheaper not always means lower quality. Talking about guns, i had owned and fired most of the popular guns around and i found that Riffe´s still the best gun for the money. Since you have experience, maybe making your own gun could be a fun project. Around here there are a lot of highly qualified, top notch gun builders ... Good luck

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• As we speak i'm trying to find where i can find a good size piece of teak. to start my project. No doubt Riffe is a good Gun. I'm just trying to see what else is out there before spending my money. Now how about Fins. I have used OMERS. And the GARA's. Will love to get a good one that will last a long time. i dont mind if it have to be carbon. What you guys think are the best ones out there.

• Wait until you get here and I'll let you try my Rob Allen. It's different than a Riffe, but I preffer them though.

For fiberglass fins, I got a source much cheaper then Matrix. I think that they are the original manufacturers of Matrix.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco Wich source?;) I be getting new gear for myself so if you run into anything good down there and in decent prize. Let me know i can buy it. Float, Floatlines, Fins etc,...I will love to shoot the RA again. is beign a long time now. I will love to get a wood gun but you know spearos you always need to carry 2:D

• These are the fins Marco was referring to. I really should start selling them again.

I like to do everything on the cheap too, but cheap doesn't mean poor quality. I'll try to do a thread on all my gear choices with a price breakdown.

• These are the fins Marco was referring to. I really should start selling them again.

I like to do everything on the cheap too, but cheap doesn't mean poor quality. I'll try to do a thread on all my gear choices with a price breakdown.

I will be waiting for it :D

• Superocchio is one of the best freediving masks EVER!

I know that Marco. We are making a deal on it. That bad boy will be mine:D. I will paint the frame to match the new speton cammo 2mm 2 piece wetsuit that is coming out;). I will make it match beautifull. Asturven send me the pics of the suit , and i like it. Hope he post them here. Or he can let me post them.

• Core, will the paint hold on the frame? Is it a die or what?

When you do paint it could you please post a few pics of the process and a description.

I use the paint used for ceramics. base on oil not water. Is a tube of paste. it holds on anything, just need a lot of time to dry, quite a few days. because it will stain if you let it hit the floor on the boat. I have paint fins, snokels, masks, wetsuits etc with it. Hard plastic, glass , wood. Everything holds. When i do it i will i will take pics.

• Core this is the mask :D

That mask brings back some memories. Did the original Occhio come out with the siliconized rubber? Or was the silicon type only on the new Super? I remember when that "graphite" finish came out.
    My first low volume mask was the Occhio(yellow/Black rubber). I don't know now but you use to be able to get the frame alone from Cressi and Interchange them. ALso, the lenses can be replaced, no?
    Question,
    any of you have prescription lenses?