Antigua spearfishing reports

• I am the only one in the water, the guys this trip dropped me off and went off fishing... at one point I was tying my Dorado to a FAD as the current was to strong for me to swim with the shot fish. I am still cramping and sore, but still smiling. I shot the one I am holding up and four more... did not take advantage of several more opportunities on the Dorado so as not to disrupt the hook and line guys. Also I had a opportunity on a 60+ lb wahoo at about 70 deep but left it alone as the smaller ones were feeding and I didn't want to cost the hook and line brothers their shot at the Wahoo... I do regret it now though :D. Have lots more to write about when I get back from charter tonight.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Off the dock by five thirty, water was calm and wind below 10 knots=awesome! Birds everywhere, small black fin, tunny and skipjack writhing in the fish balls!
    Whales all day serenading me underwater, a soundtrack none would forget once heard. My behemoth friends breached, blew and made themselves seen the entire time we were fishing off of Antigua... the most whales I have ever seen in one place.
    The Dorado were thick, and I got my personal best underwater weighing in at 31lb gutted 35lb out the sea Hoping for my 50lb'er soon Floating debris choked with baby fish and a beautiful triple tail below the flotsam. Did not take a shot on a 60-70lb wahoo because it would have scared the smaller 30-40 er's away from the hook boys, the hook boys got the 30-40lb'ers.
    400lb + marlin swam by me but it was not to be that day as I was having problems with my new reel...more on that in a different post.
    Forgot my camera mount for my contour camera so had to try to hold the camera while spearing...not a good combination! Got some video but it is not great due to me trying to hold the camera while diving, stalking, shooting and then fighting the fish!
    Pictures off the video :)

George Steele

• Well hank a tad further than my dock, without giving away my spots I can say within a 3 mile radius ;)

George Steele

• Yeah shark mauled the Wahoo, that is a triple tail and they are delicious, I feel bad shooting them though, like fish in a barrel

George Steele

• By the way I am most proud of that 10.2 Lb rainbow runner! In clear water the big ones stay deep,are very spooky,and hard to target. I used no chum yesterday as the trigger fish pests were thick and hungry!

George Steele