Foam Filled Floatline?

• Get the orange one. Cheap and effective. Another good example why more expensive is not always best. I have several Riffe floatlines of different lengths (i even have a 10 ft tag line that i don´t know what´s it good for :rolleyes1:) and i would prefer th neptonics or florida freedivers foam filled f.l. over it any day of the week ...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I have one, but I bought a tubing floatline again. Even if it does the job and is more resistant, it tends to tangle more than the tubing.

Where you got the tubing? And do you have some of the foam line still? i can buy it from you. i want to make a float line at least 100'

• a 100" feet float line is way too long for most situations unless you feedive in the 80´s or bluewater.

I feel confortable in the 50´s and 60´s. So i use a 75".

I understand what you mean. but i have gone past 80 feet freediving. But the main reason what i use 100' or 120' is because i do scuba diving too. And i like to use this as my flag carrier. So i always like to have double use on it. I usually have one 100' and another at least 60' and if i go scuba i just attach both for security reasons.and confort.

• Ray, I never bought the bulk foam filled line. I already have the "special" RA orange line. In the future though if I need such a line I will definitely buy the bulk material and make it myself.

Monster, to reduce drag the float line should be 30' longer than the max length (depth) you're going to use. So if my max depth is 60' the float line should be 90'. I can foresee myself in ideal conditions going as deep as 80' in which case the line should be 110'. When diving shallower depths I prefer the unused portion of the line to be coiled on a spool. BTW the spool would be much bigger and harder to manage if using the thick foam filled or tube lines.

Core, don't rush to get this float line. I believe that regular polypropylene line (clothes line) works just fine. This is what I and Pantoja use. I do have the 120' RA foam filled line and bring it on every boat trip. But it is there for emergencies in case we have to do something really deep and use the cordelero style of diving.

• Ray, I never bought the bulk foam filled line. I already have the "special" RA orange line. In the future though if I need such a line I will definitely buy the bulk material and make it myself.

Monster, to reduce drag the float line should be 30' longer than the max length (depth) you're going to use. So if my max depth is 60' the float line should be 90'. I can foresee myself in ideal conditions going as deep as 80' in which case the line should be 110'. When diving shallower depths I prefer the unused portion of the line to be coiled on a spool. BTW the spool would be much bigger and harder to manage if using the thick foam filled or tube lines.

Core, don't rush to get this float line. I believe that regular polypropylene line (clothes line) works just fine. This is what I and Pantoja use. I do have the 120' RA foam filled line and bring it on every boat trip. But it is there for emergencies in case we have to do something really deep and use the cordelero style of diving.

:agree1: Is not that i need to go under 60-70' all the time. but if i need really i have the slack ready to support. I really like 50-60 depth conditions way better. but for 100' is the one that have worked better for me. I will love to have one with the tubing (Personal preference). But i will like to build it. cause the riffe ones are to damn expensive.

• I was evaluating building myself a tubin floatline and ended up costing me around 75$ all included. So I decided better to spend 100$ for a brand new (Riffe) one which for sure will work well...

The foam filled one I have (now as spare) is the RA green one. It is good but tends to tangle a little bit more. Additionally has more drag in the water.

I do need a 100' (or maybe 120' sometimes).

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

Edited once, last by Marco ().