Best Band Combos?

• I started with small ID rubber 5 years ago, as a way to minimize water intrusion into the band. At that time small ID speargun rubber was unheard of. I get a lot of inquiries from Europe about it, but rubber is not cost effective to ship. I'm pretty sure Sigalsub started offering this rubber after having seen that I do. In any case you don't make money on rubber, but it is the mark of a discerning spearfishing gear manufacturer. I expect that in the future the big names in the industry will offer it too. The two things standing in the way of that are, increased cost, and the perception that it's harder to insert wishbones into this rubber. I proved a while back that a wishbone can be inserted in a hole poked into solid rubber. A solid rubber speargun band would be ideal, unfortunately the manufacturing process doesn't allow it. The smallest ID possible is 1/16".

• 1/16" = 1.59mm I doubt they can do 1mm.

The diamond knot will be difficult to insert into the small ID rubber. But it's not necessary, I never had an overhand knot (on a loop) come out. Nor a double overhand on a conventional wishbone. In small or regular ID bands.

• Just to help, not trying to be a smart ass
    CONVERSION CHART: FRACTION/DECIMAL/MILLIMETER

I meant that I didn't had the chance to confirm that the ID was 1mm with my own hands/eyes... I know the 1/16" correspondence in mm as I do a lot of conversions (those fraction aren't all that intuitive... but people are used to it.)
    Even better just use google as a conversion tool:
    type in the google search field:
    1/16 inch in mm
    or whatever you want to convert like

20 usd in euro

13 mph in km/h

10 feet in m

• Sigalsub rubber is THE SAME as speardiver. I know it first hand from a Sigal Sales Representative who told me where they get the bands from.

And i know that is the same (american) manufacturer.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Sigalsub rubber is THE SAME as speardiver. I know it first hand from a Sigal Sales Representative who told me where they get the bands from.

And i know that is the same (american) manufacturer.

I have never heard of Sigalsub. What products do you enjoy from them?

Dustan Baker

• Guys, a band 5/8 - 16mm stretched 400% release same force as a band 3/4 - 20mm 300% stretch?

Muchachos, una banda 5/8 -16mm estirada al 400% libera igual fuerza que una banda 3/4 - 20mm estirada al 300%?

José

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!

• Yes and no. At the stated lengths they should be applying the same force on a static. But at a great cost to the little band leading to a shorter life.

Also, by ten or so inches the power of the thinner band pulling is reduced more than the thicker band over the same distance.

i like to spear fish

• Yes and no. At the stated lengths they should be applying the same force on a static. But at a great cost to the little band leading to a shorter life.

Also, by ten or so inches the power of the thinner band pulling is reduced more than the thicker band over the same distance.

I understand,

diameter different bands are different masses, in practice there must be variation in transmitting force to a shaft of the same weight.

spare me a piece of 5/8 band and want to use in 90cm speargun shaft 17/64 or 6.5m band stretched to 400%

last fishing trip using a speargun with a band 5/8 stretched to 300% with 7.5mm shaft good performance surprised me. considering that the speargun is 120cm 47''

entiendo

las bandas de diferente diametro son masas diferentes, en la practica debe haber variacion al trasmitir la fuerza a una shaft de igual peso.

me sobra un pedazo de 5/8 banda y quiero usarlo en speargun 90cm con shaft 17/64 o 6.5m con banda estirada a 400%

ultima salida de pesca use un speargun con una banda 5/8 estirada al 300% con shaft 7.5mm me sorprendio el buen comportamiento . considerando que el speargun es 120cm 47´´

José

Un Hombre tiene que creer en algo.......
    Creo que me iré de pesca!!!

• Steve, How long is your 16mm band when you use one? I found I like this setup by accident when one of the 16mm bands on my 120 broke unexpectedly in the water mid-dive. Also, what's the nuances of using one 16mm vs one 19mm?