Core's new gun build and gear

• :censored2::nutkick:

You 2 are getting some evil toughts with my gun.:laughing3: How can you do this to me. You will fisnish the gun and then go for a test drive with it:0. I'm having nightmares about that already:rolleyes1:. Blood stain here and there, the smell of deadfish in it. and a scratch ove here . :crazy:.:D
    Cant wait for this couple of days to be done so i can go down there and see that beauty in person:thumbsup2:

• "Every single gun comes out from the Factory 100% tested."

MAAARRRCCCOOOOO :0 Do not tempt them to do it. I want the smell of fresh cut wood on it and the shiny coat of oil to be intact. :D. Shit like they cant restore that in a second right?. I'm doomed. They look like they wont do it. but acording to Bill, he might not pass the oportunity:nono:. :confused1:

• cuando me meti al army no sabia como el sistema trabajaba, este no se hereda,este me lo quedo yo :laughing3:, se ve lindo el condenao arpon, lo llenamos de sangre con samas y pargos cuando llegue a PR.:thumbsup2: ;)

• No es que lo quiera heredar solo te lo voy a cuidar

:laughing1::laughing2:

Si no te conociera tan bien:D. Cuando lo lleve a PR lo disparas varias veces para que me digas como se siente. Tengo dos varillas, una 9/32 flopper y una 5/16 con rosca pero quiero comprar una 5/16 con flopper, la gruesa que tengo es con rosca por que pensaba comprar un slip tip.Como yo no he disparado un arpon en tanto tiempo, estoy to mohoso, Me tomara tiempo acostumbrarme a estar en el agua de nuevo. Los primeros dias para la calleria a hacerlo canto, despues que coja dos o tres cantasos y guallasos. Se me quita la jodienda que es nuevo y A matar pejes se a dicho. hasta con un papagallo me entretengo;).

• Bill & Jeff

You 2 need to behave this week;). I know the temptation of having that beast down in the garage, where bill work. Bill you are on a family vacation, take it easy, :D. It will be 5 days thinking in the office, when or where my gun will be, i bet jeff will be thinking on those groupers, and bill, will be thinking is my time to dive where is the "funky handle one":laughing3::laughing3:

Glad Jeff got there safe with the family:thumbsup2:

Will be seeing you 2 on next Sat;).

• I just saw this stock in person. The photo's don't do it justice.

Core - The water is too dirty for such a long gun at the moment. Just hope your luck holds . . .

I'm glad i didnt drive out there yesterday we ben having lots of thunderstorms and some tornado warnings. I'm sorry the weather was so crapy the water is to murky:laughing3::nono:. I bet you guys can go to the dock and shoot it against something there;). that way i can get some feed back on the power:rolleyes1:/accuracy. I be calling Bill today.

• Rained all day- perfect weather to work on a speargun.

First, I finished the muzzle slot and spacer. I had cut the slot but the thin piece vibrated when I cut it on the table saw, so I put it in the mill and cleaned it up with a 1/8" extra long end mill. Then, using a forstner bit, I drilled a 3/8" hole through both parts of the band slot and installed the screw in insert, bedded in epoxy.

Next I cut the 1/8 delrin piece that Tin man had brought a little oversized and inserted it into the slot and clamped it. Then I cut a teak plug from a section of the blank I had left over when I cut off the handle, and glued it into the top portion. The delrin acts as a plug on the bottom, keeping the epoxy from getting down into the threads. After the epoxy had dried, I recessed the hole with an end mill, then drilled the hole for the screw.

After I put the screw in I used the 1/2" end mill to trim the inside of the slot. I used a file and sandpaper to shape the outside of the delrin to the shape of the muzzle and remove the ezcess epoxy. A little teak oil and the muzzle is done.

Next post- Tin Man's auto resetting line release.

• Tin Man brought most of the stuff and all of the know how we needed to build and install the auto resetting line release he developed.

The release consists of the tab that holds the line, a torsion spring, a sleeve that holds the spring, and the screw that holds the assembly in place.

I had started making the sleeve out of 5/16" ss rod earlier, so I finished making the sleeve on the lathe. I cut the shoulder first, then bored a hole for the screw, then bored the countersink for the flathead screw.

Then we cut a tiny slit in the sleeve to hold the spring.

Next I made the shooting line tab out of a piece of 1/8" ss plate that Tin Man had brought. He designed it on autocad to match the trigger mech, then I drilled the hole for the sleeve, a .030" hole for the spring, and cut it to shape. Then I sanded it smooth and rounded the edges on a belt sander.

Then I drilled a 5/16" hole in the gun down to the line release slot, then followed that with the pilot hole for the screw.

Next we trimmed the length of the spring ends and installed the assembly. First, we put the tab in the slot with a washer under it. Then we inserted the sleeve with the spring on it. The end of the spring needs to be in the small hole in the tab, and the other end needs to be in the slot. Then the screw goes in partway while the tiny slot in the sleeve is used to turn the sleeve and preload the torsion spring. Then the screw is tightened to hold the sleeve and spring in the pre-loaded position, and if we've done everything right we're good to go. We tried it with a shaft- perfect! A little more teak oil, Alvin, and your gun is good to go!

Tomorrow, I'll install the "funky handle" and the gun is ready to rig out and kill some grouper. The weather forcast calls for clearing weather for the next 3 days starting tomorrow, Alvin. I think your luck has run out!

• :laughing3::laughing3: My luck has run out. Oh oh. :D

I will call the vodoo of the rain:0. Good job you 2. The line release and the delrin piece used as a muzzle reinforcer looks sweet. I like the track for the line. It end up pretty nice. Getting closer amigo. Once you get that nice beautifull handle on it. :D Take a full picture , so i can drool the rest of the week.;)

Saturday is around the corner:thumbsup2: