Sea of Cortez winter 2012-13

• A few pics of the many fish from last winter in the the Sea of Cortez. The Yellowtail were bigger than I have seen in a long time. The Speardiver fins suit and trigger mechs. worked great. Thanks Dan
    The boat in the cove is my home when I am in baja.

• Nice to see a fellow sailor doing his thing :thumbsup2: Most days I go off on my own with my little RIB as well but I am not getting fish that size!! Wicked pics. What gun is that I see in your RIB?

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Glad you guys like the pics. The gun in the first pic. Is an enclosed track 130cm custom That I built last year. The other two guns in a later pic are an Omer Master America 130cm and a 110cm Carbon Marlin with teak veneer. The 110cm Marlin is a yellow tail slaying machine. I am very lucky to be down in the Sea of Cortez for 4 to 6 months a year for the last 4 years. I normally sail around chasing the fish as the water and conditions change. The pic of the boat in the cove is taken from the top of Puente Pulpito. The diving off the point is some times challenging with 3-4 knot current. The current and deep water bring some amazing fish into the shadow of Pulpito.

• I imagine I would have a conflict in dealing with sea lions and seals. On the one hand they are a Spearo nuisance and they are shark food. But, they do seen really playful and they look a lot like dogs and puppies and it is impossible to hate a puppy

i like to spear fish