UfC 162

• I briefly heard about the conspiracy theories, and was curious to see for myself. The Silva Weidman fight was entertaining. Watching the fight to its conclusion I didn't think anything was staged. I saw Silva quickly realize Weidman is not an easy opponent, and switch to playing head games. Weidman stayed focused. Then I saw Silva take clowning too far and get caught flat footed with a good hard shot, hard enough to knock anyone out.

But then Silva's post fight interview put everything in a different light. He appeared too much at ease with the loss, not wanting a rematch, quasi retiring.. such a loss takes time to come to terms with I think. My gut feeling is that he was prepared for the loss. We'll never know, but taking into consideration the interview, it does look fishy. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some big money on Weidman.

• Silva is arguably one of the greatest mma fighters of all time, but I feel that he really tainted an amazing career with that fight. It seems like Silva wants to be done, it's just a shame he ended it looking like a fool. I really wish the super fight with GSP would have worked out, I'd love to see him disrespect GSP and get picked to pieces.
    I haven't read too much into the money driven conspiracy side, I really don't want to end up believing it.

• He was pathetic and took defeat as a bitch. A true warrior gives everyhing and never underestimate his opponents. Opponents deserve all respect.

On the other hand, he never fought with a truly worthy opponent. He seemed to slap bitch all contenders. You know what they say: " You can fool everyone but the bull"

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• He was pathetic and took defeat as a bitch. A true warrior gives everyhing and never underestimate his opponents. Opponents deserve all respect.

I was happy to see him knocked out for showboating. While I am still a fan of his abilities, fights like the one with Demian Maia were embarrassing... Silva is 10x the striker Maia was and spent more time taunting than engaging. You do it enough, one of those punches will catch you.

• Weiderman, was focussed and he came up a winner, as simple as that.

Silva forgot the ole Rocky Marciano saying which is a thumb/golden rule of all combat sports " Keep your arms ups, your chin down and keep punching"

• There's something to be said for taunting as a strategy, to frustrate and draw out the opponent. It expands the fight beyond conventional boundaries, and makes it more interesting. But it obviously carries with it the potential to become careless.

• That´s the reason I hate Ali, I always wanted "Smoke" Frazier to kick his butt. He was allways way over the line insulting his opponents

I think it was all an act but as you pointed out, over done at times. Ali was just playing it up and it really made boxing popular. And you can't deny, he had the heart of a champion. He never quit and could take a punch.

• I think it was all an act but as you pointed out, over done at times. Ali was just playing it up and it really made boxing popular. And you can't deny, he had the heart of a champion. He never quit and could take a punch.

That so true, he had true grit, definetely :toast:

• My favorite fighter thus far is Fedor. No show boating just freaking siberian terminator. I saw a fight where he was knocked out, on his way to the canvas by pure reflex grabbed an arm and submitted the opponent before regaining consciousness. Imho opponents deserve respect, at least to me that is what Martial arts is all about. Clowing migth seem cool. Till you get whopped an them the loss is compounded. I am a huge fan of the Spider but he was his own worst enemy. The front kick he got vitor with could hae been much better than putting his chin out.

• Oh yeah i forgot to mention the greatest of all time Hoyce Gracie!

Can still remember watching the first few UFCs it was like an epiphany.

Can't count how many BIG football player buddies Fell victim to the guillotine when rough housing.

The best part of grappling with someone who thinks brute strength, speed or striking will save them from going to sleep.

Then riding their back like a monkey, theres always and O shit moment when they realize you just did the opposite of what they expect, didnt back down, closed distance TOOK control of limbs and ATTACKED An added bonus is it doesn't leave bruises;)
    To me a champ should show respect and Go on the attack. Not this funny business.
    The evolution of MMA has been amazing, these guys are all animals. Would love to see a Silva v Jones matchup.

• Fedor is my all time favorite fighter too. Seamless transition from striking to grappling and vice versa, making the fundamental techniques work without getting too fancy with either. An intelligent fighter with a great attitude, packs power and able to take a punch. In a fight against a big Japanese guy he almost got knocked out on his feet, you could see his body automatically regain balance and go for the clinch. What a fighter.. too bad they all got only so many hard fights in them, I'd love to see him go on forever.

• Fedor is my all time favorite fighter too. Seamless transition from striking to grappling and vice versa, making the fundamental techniques work without getting too fancy with either. An intelligent fighter with a great attitude, packs power and able to take a punch. In a fight against a big Japanese guy he almost got knocked out on his feet, you could see his body automatically regain balance and go for the clinch. What a fighter.. too bad they all got only so many hard fights in them, I'd love to see him go on forever.

Japanese fighter was Fujita
    Fujita Rocks Fedor! - YouTube

For me, the defining Fedor fight/moment is this one:
    Fedor Vs. Randleman - YouTube

• His game face is second to none. I would shit my pants and pass out if, by some strange twist of fate had to fight that machine. No flash, all brutality.