Spearfishing wetsuit sizing help

• I'm a beanpole - 6'-1" and 155 pounds. I also not surprisingly get cold very easily so am looking for a 5 or even 7 mil suit. What size is recommended in the SD line? Thanks

• Anton. It is simple. You just need to assume Stevens identity and his suit will be yours!!

If Dan can't get custom suits look into the Greek makers who offer customs like elios

i like to spear fish

• Hey!, its me :D

It is true, the suit Dan made for me is amazing. Before that one I had a custom one made by Oceanos. It didn't break the bank but it also wore out a bit quicker than it should have, and most people with an eye for quality told me it was lacking. Like Lunkerbuster said, Elios has a good reputation for nice custom suits, as does polosub. (but you pay for it from what I remember)

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• What's your height and weight Steven?

You're being too easy on them. That Oceanos suit fell apart quickly. It also didn't fit you well at all, terribly considering all the measurements Oceanos requests. They're supposed to be professionals. I'm no custom wetsuit maker, but was able to get a good fitting suit for you in one shot, just going by these photos and a few adjustments to the existing pattern where it was loose. Of course the softness and stretchiness of the Speardiver wetsuit helps with the fit.

• I had one made by Elios recently (I don't fit well in off the shelf ones either) and I am very happy with it, superbly made. I had myself measures by one of those ladies that fits suits and she made several mistakes, Elios had one look at my measurements and asked right away if I could double check several of them. I had a friend measure me using the video links they gave me and some other written tips and I had myself completely remeasured after the ones they asked about turned out to be wrong (up to +-4cm in some places). It fits me like a glove, I'm going to order a 2mm or 3mm one soon I think (it is great in deeper waters but too hot around rocky shores in the Ligurian/Mediterranean Sea which is currently 26C-27C at the surface).

• Send a couple of really cute "chiquitas" to Dan's shop in Miami and get the gals to "sweet talk" Dan in customizing one for you. :laughing3:

Ask him to start making a one piece or 2 piece 1 or 1.5 mm camo too for warm water diving. I need one soon and Dan doesn't offer them :(. I need one soon Dan :D

• Elios is made in Italy.

You also have polosub, lery design and marea from Italy. All of them are really good.

I don't have to spend that kind of money because I'm "normal". :cool2::D

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Speardiver "long" sizes are on the way. S-L (Small long), M-L (Medium long), and L-L (Large long). They will be based on the suit made for sdeisen which is the M_L. The long sizes will be available in the Pacific (green) camo pattern.

Speardiver "kids" open cell wetsuits are also coming.

Speardiver Pacific wetstuit

• that's very Very good news for me. Good choice going with green, everyone can use green
    Also I just realized who that is in the picture, the flasher tape covered PVC belt dangler gave it away

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Hi Dan.

It's about time to start thinking on ordering two wetsuits for my kids. They're 11 and 14.

Do you have a size chart that I can see to find out which sizes match them?

Do I have to order in advance to get them on time for Christmas?

Thanks.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco, I will have the XS size which is made for kids in about two weeks. It's smaller than S size. Here's the sizing chart for 3mm and 5mm suits, but it doesn't include the XS yet. You can get one XS and one S. If the S is too big for your 14 year old I'm sure he'll grow into it in a year or two. I can't do XXS until we try the XS.

• When they outgrow them next year, I'll buy them. :D