Filipino spearfishing technology

• We were at this beach where my friend is building a house. These kids had this gun. Wood trigger mech. Bicycle spoke for a shaft. Deadly accurate. We shot it at a rubber slipper from 6 feet away and it went right through.
    The young man wouldn't sell it to us. Said it belonged to his grandmother.
    I also got a life size wahoo lure. They use them there near FADs and get a lot of them. We'll see how it works in Belize. Hang it off a floater at about 18 feet of water?
    [/IMG]

[/IMG]

• The guy who runs the retail section in my store is Pilipino, he is very handy and does a lot of work for people around town.. That gun is very cool and doesn't seem that hard to replicate.

• The wahoo is wood with lead inside (I think). It's heavy. Daryl Wong has one that Boy (my buddy) gave him last year and says it gets even heavier taking on a bit of water.
    Daryl uses his now and says it works but you have to be ready to shoot fast. It brings the fish in but they figure out pretty quickly that it's not real and split.
    They Filipinos use them and shoot the fish from floating boards they ride on. They claim to get over a ton of spanish mackerel and wahoo in 2-3 days.
    If I get one I'll be stoked. :D

• I was interested to see how much detail they put into the wood wahoo so I brightened up the pic a little. I think it may look nice as decoration in a spearfishing shop :) If it's not too much trouble can you please find out how much it would cost to have one made without the lead but with a little extra detail, and sent it here.

• I was interested to see how much detail they put into the wood wahoo so I brightened up the pic a little. I think it may look nice as decoration in a spearfishing shop :) If it's not too much trouble can you please find out how much it would cost to have one made without the lead but with a little extra detail, and sent it here.

https://spearfishing.world/image/WoodWahoo_zps94f1b152.jpg

I'll ask Boy. He had another one. And they put some of the shiny lure tape on it. Maybe that will help a bit....flasher material.
    If this one doesn't work, I'll trade it to you for a new wetsuit. :D

• I am with Dan. I think it is awesome art. Much cooler to me than a fish mount. I love te skeletons and gyotako but this is a very cool way to bring my outside passion indoors. I also like ice fishing lures but they are fish I have now relationship with as opposed to a friend like a wahoo or mahi or snapper

i like to spear fish