These Quiet Mornings...

• What I really like is to get up early in the morning, when everything is quiet, no noise, no kids, no wife - just the cats greeting me when I go to my workshop in the barn…
    The smell of freshly cut wood - teak - mahogany… This is what met me this morning - a ray of morning light across a piece that I'm working on as a surprise for a good friend…

I really appreciate these quiet mornings!

• What a great photo, obviously no accident (a photographer as well), and great looking build. Hope to see more as the piece advances.

• I'm quite excited today - I'm going to hand over this gun to my friend Jeppe.
    He doesn´t know.
    I'm always thinking improvement - what can I do better with my next build...
    Better design - better build sequence - better use of materials - better weighing - better grip - better everything.
    With this one, the design out performs some tube guns. I tested the percieved "swingability" against a 10 cm shorter Omer Cayman - the Omer lost...
    I have used Jatoba in my laminate, instead of using lead on the final weighing and the gun has come out a tad heavy (but balanced). Still floats with the shaft out, but not the "faithful dog" by my side that I prefer. I'm thinking it will be good on drift dives over cod grounds.
    I'm trying to get it as neutral as possible by using different spears, and has ended up with a Trygons 6,25mm.
    The design is a kind of derivate from the Abellan, with the band rising front - and it is a sweet shooting gun - very linear recoil and no muzzle jump.
    Despite it beeing a tad on the heavy side I hope that Jeppe will be pleased with it - I want to explore this design further.
    My next project is my new hybrid... - I will post.

• Beautiful - kudos for using small Aperature to highlight what you wanted to emphasize on the photos. Like the original - you are also a talented photographer. Your friend is fortunate.

• Beautiful gun. Can I be your friend? :D

I like quiet mornings too but here in Belize the sand flies chew you to pieces on those mornings. You got to get in the boat and move.....fast. :D

• Thanks guys :)
    Rarely have I ever seen a happier guy than my friend Jeppe - he was over his gun the whole weekend:D
    We were on a boat trip from friday to sunday - and immediately he started raising his hit percentage, never missed a fish. Nothing better than when you believe in your gear:)